Rheumatologist Needed at Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Department of Medicine
Position Title: Staff Rheumatologist
Reports to: Chief, Division of Rheumatology
Under the general direction of the Chair of the Department of Medicine (the Chair ) and the Chief of the Division of Rheumatology (the Chief ), and in compliance with the Bylaws, Rules and Regulations of the Medical Staff, the Staff Rheumatologist will be responsible for the following:
1. Provides direct patient care consistent with the clinical privileges granted by NWH and its Medical Staff.
2. Ensures timely and appropriate documentation for all clinical activities.
3. Ensures timely communication with referring physicians, including compliance with standards for documentation of such communication.
4. Participates in call requirements as required by the Chief.
1. Serves on such NWH committees as may be required by the Medical Staff Bylaws or as may be reasonably requested by the Chief Medical Officer (the CMO ), the Chair, and/or the Chief.
2. Participates in NWH s quality and safety improvement and risk management programs.
3. Participates in the development of patient care protocols and evidence-driven order sets consistent with policies and procedures established by NWH.
4. Participates from time to time in Mass General Brigham-wide activities as reasonably assigned.
5. Participates in other administrative activities as from time to time may reasonably be assigned by the CMO, the Chair, and/or the Chief.
C. Medical Education
1. Under the direction of the Chief, provides clinical education within the Division of Rheumatology.
2. As requested, participates in interdisciplinary teaching activities within the Division of Rheumatology.
3. Provides timely, thoughtful, and accurate evaluations and feedback to students and residents as required from time to time.
4. Performs other teaching activities as may from time to time be reasonably assigned by the CMO, Chair, and/or Chief.
Apply for Rheumatologist Needed at Newton-Wellesley Hospital
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly