Site Medical Director
The Corrections Site Medical Director is responsible for overseeing the provision medical services to inmate patients of the assigned facility consistent with current CFG clinical guidelines and community standards of care. He/ She provides the overall supervision for clinical services at the assigned site while managing and evaluating the medical program activities based on the company goals, objectives, and philosophy according to industry standards and contractual obligations. The Site Medical Director manages primary and consultative services, collaborates with subspecialists, and interfaces with hospital provides to assure timely and appropriate care for inmate patients. The Site Medical Director provides continuous quality control of health services through education, service audits, and studies. The Site Medical Director will also function as liaison between correctional officials, public agencies, and the company as part of this role. The Site Medical Director collaborates with the Health Services Administrator to ensure effective inmate patient care delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes, while maintaining the established guidelines.Responsibilities
- Performs and documents routine physical examinations on inmate patients referred by the nursing/professional staff of the assigned correctional facility consistent with the National Commission on Correctional Health Care (NCCHC) standards of care, NJ 10-A, American Correctional Association (ACA) and Performance Based National Detention Standards (PBNDS) as appropriate.
- Participates in the annual review and approval of CFG clinical guidelines, protocols, policies and procedures as well as the medical disaster plan.
- Evaluates the credentials of health care providers of the assigned facility at the designated time to examine referred patients.
- Assures the implementation and on-going supervision of the on-site chronic care clinics.
- Assumes the role of primary care physician to inmate patients and coordinates care both at the jail and off-site.
- Performs medical examinations on all new inmates within contracted intervals of admission as needed.
- Provides treatment and orders studies, tests and ancillary services required consistent with the provision of basic health care services.
- Supervises clinical services provided by the professional and paraprofessional staff.
- Conducts “Doctor Sick Call” to examine and treat those inmate patients requesting care and who, after being triaged by the nursing staff, require the services of a physician.
- Supervises the development of and application of policies, procedures, and protocols in the care of detainees/ inmate patients.
- Participates in the interviewing and hiring of physician and mid-level provider staff for the facility.
- Supervises clinical service treatments, medications and other treatments to treat illnesses and health problems as allowed by state regulations and under the guidelines of the approved CFG formulary.
- Provides emergency treatment on-site and responds appropriately in urgent or emergency situations.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms.
- Promotes a therapeutic environment to ensure inmates are treated in a professional, ethical and tactful manner.
- Ensures that all telephone orders are countersigned within 72 hours.
- Monitors all referrals to outside health care facilities for appropriateness, quality and continuity of care.
- Completion from an accredited medical school facility with a Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) degree.
- Completion of a US based residency program.
- Current, unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state the facility is located (maintain a current copy of license on file at the facility at all times).
Minimum Work Experience
- At least two years of public health, emergency, family practice experience.
- Previous correctional health care experience preferred.
- Excellent critical thinking and assessment skills.
- Ability to make decisions independently.
- Assertive, empathetic and able to provide care objectively.
- Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to command the respect and confidence of inmates and staff; and philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility.
- Strong medical knowledge base capable of preparation of written reports and able to handle legal depositions and court hearings.
- Maintains an active Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification.
- Must have an unrestricted and valid prescriptive authority with Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) and Controlled Dangerous Substance (CDS).
- Ability to pass all required health and other screening tests.
- May be required to work nights, weekend, and holidays.
- Provide 24-hour on-call coverage to advise medical providers in the care of inmate patients.
- Provides a positive and professional representation of CFG Health Systems, LLC
- Keeps patient information confidential and respects patient’s right to privacy.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command the respect and confidence of inmate patients and staff, and philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility.
- Promotes culture of safety for patients and employees through proper identification, reporting documentation, and prevention.
- Supervises the Medical Unit in facilitating health care in the detention facility.
- Maintains competency and knowledge of current standards of practice, trends, and developments in related scope of job role or practice.
- Attends all CFG Health Systems related meetings.
- Evaluates and approves local infection control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Participates in ongoing quality improvement activities.
- Completes required orientation and trainings directed by facility.
- Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures while on assignment.
- Follows facility and CFG Health Systems Occurrence Protocol.
- Adheres to PREA regulations.
- Maintains security clearance for the assigned facility.
View full job description here.
Apply for Site Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly