Endocrinologist - Flexibility and Growth with our Academic Program - Omaha, NE
The CHI Health-Creighton University School of Medicine Division of Endocrinology, with strong research and academic tradition, is now expanding under new leadership and seeking faculty BE/BC Endocrinologist to join the academic program
Full-time position with time shared at the CHI-Creighton University Medical Center (CUMC) and at the VA with the Creighton University School of Medicine affiliation
The Division of Endocrinology is comprised of clinical educators, physician-scientists, full-time endocrinologists, and PhDs. Faculty are conducting basic, clinical, and translational research supported by NIH grants, VA-cooperative trial awards, investigator-initiated trials, and industry-sponsored clinical trials. The Division has specialized clinical staff supporting osteoporosis, diabetes, nutrition, and insulin-pump education for patients. The Division has a 2-years Fellowship Program in Endocrinology, offering diversified clinical and basic and clinical research exposure. The Division has a history of retaining endocrine fellows as faculty
Research interests and experience would be considered a plus. There is the opportunity to have time and support to develop and advance your research and mentor trainees and junior faculty.
This position offers:
- The new faculty can participate in clinical activities, education, and research. The candidate should have strong academic and teaching skills. There is an opportunity for telemedicine, establishing new programs, career growth, and helping to shape the emergence of a large region-wide academic health system.
- The faculty will enjoy a friendly, collegial environment and the opportunity to collaborate with other specialties in the Department of Internal Medicine and other Departments at CHI Health-Creighton University School of Medicine
- The full-time faculty position will be a blended position with time shared equally between Creighton University and the VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Healthcare System, which is fully integrated with the teaching, research, and clinical activities of Creighton University. The VA Nebraska-Western Iowa Healthcare System also offers an integrated clinical and educational service shared by CHI Health-Creighton University School of Medicine and University of Nebraska Medical Center. Fellows and residents of medical and surgical disciplines from both universities do their clinical rotations and faculty share the clinical services
- FT Faculty Appointment commensurate with experience at Creighton University School of Medicine
- Opportunity to practice and teach in a new, state-of-the-art academic Medical Center and/or new ultramodern VA outpatient center, just opened at the end of 2020, and/or in a variety of other clinical settings.
- If of interest, the faculty would submit grants via the university and the VA system. Time and support to develop and advance your research and mentor Junior Faculty
- The CHI Health-Creighton University School of Medicine offers protection from COVID-19 exposure (e.g., zoom conferences, meetings
- Omaha, NE, offers a warm, down-to-earth Midwestern-community feel and the benefit of living both in a metropolitan international, diverse city and family-friendly residential green areas; it is rich in private and public golf courses, wooded areas, parks, lakes, rivers, and creeks, and is wide-spread but easy for any commute
- Guaranteed base salary x 2 years, CME, relocation and more
Interested Candidates, please submit CV to:
Terri Bangert, MAA, FASPR
Physician Recruitment Specialist
Apply for Endocrinologist - Flexibility and Growth with our Academic Program - Omaha, NE
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly