CLINICAL FACULTY: GERIATRICIAN
Practice Academic Medicine with the Growing Team of Clinical Faculty in the Recreational Corridor of the Southwest with Banner University Medical Group in Tucson, AZ.
The Department of Medicine at the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) is actively seeking a Geriatrician to join our team of exceptional providers, led by Dr. Mindy Fain. This is an exciting role for a dynamic physician to join a faculty team involved in medical education, including key teaching roles for medical students, residents and fellows. BUMG is committed to expanding its geriatrics and palliative care programs, supporting the value of Geriatricians within the PHM model of care. Our team partners with the Arizona Center on Aging and has secured two national grants to support a robust research on geriatric aging and geriatric palliative care.
The candidate hired will have a faculty appointment with the University of Arizona - Department of Medicine commensurate with their credentials.
Details and requirements include:
- BC/BE Geriatrics and AZ license at the time of hire
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience required
- Demonstrated experience as a skilled teacher of medical students, residents, and fellows
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Phoenix and Tucson that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine – research, teaching, and patient care – across three academic medical centers.
Tucson is a bustling, vibrant community nestled in the blooming Sonoran Desert. Vibrant culture, entertainment, and a thriving food scene minutes away with a booming housing market and attractive cost of living to live, work, and play!
- 350 Days of Year-Round Sunshine
- The Great Outdoors Await! Golf, hiking, cycling, horseback riding, swimming, tanning, and nearby winter skiing
- A Unique Historical Heritage: Immerse in our city's history via art galleries, museums, architectural presidios, and missions
- Tantalizing Culinary Adventures: Explore vibrant palettes in one of the top gastronomy cities and fresh fusions on traditional food
We offer a generous salary and benefits. Candidates are encouraged to join our physician talent community where you can upload your CV and track application progress: https://practicewithus.bannerhealth.com For questions, please call Tara Waltz, Sourcing Strategist, at: 602-747-8203 Visit our website at: www.bannerdocs.com
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.