Women's Care in North Lakeland delivers comprehensive and personalized obstetrics and gynecology services. Our team is dedicated to providing women with the highest quality of healthcare throughout all stages of life.
Women’s Care Florida (WCF) is a specialty women’s health physician group offering patient care in obstetrics and gynecology, gynecologic oncology, urogynecology, gynecologic pathology, breast surgery and genetic counseling. WCF has 360 healthcare providers that care for more than 350,000 patients annually, performing 20,000 deliveries per year and conducting more than 450,000 obstetrical, preventive, and gynecological visits yearly. We have over 85 sites from Jacksonville to Palm Beach. WCF has more than 100 outpatient locations across Florida. WCF providers have privileges at 13 hospitals and are in-network with the major insurance companies. WCF was founded in 1998 by a small group of OB/GYN physicians. The organization has grown tremendously through the years by remaining true to its mission – “Improving the Health of Women Every Day.”
- Understands and follows Women's Care Florida's "Mission Statement", "Code of Conduct", organizational policies, and structure.
- Provides primary obstetric and gynecological care using generally accepted standards of practice. The physician develops a plan of care for each patient, including complete history, physical examination, diagnosis, appropriate treatment and /or referral, uses all available resources in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Hospitalizes as needed any patient requiring in-patient care; provides obstetric and gynecological care according to accepted ACOG standards during the hospitalization.
- Confers with consulting physicians, mid-level providers, nurses, support staff, patients, and families concerning treatment and care of patients.
- Makes appropriate specialty and sub-specialty referrals, but maintains responsibility, assuring continuing of care.
- Perform general gynecological and obstetric surgical procedures, both diagnostic and therapeutic, using both minimally invasive and traditional surgical techniques.
- Performs colposcopies and LEEPs as office and inpatient procedures as appropriate.
- Provide tubal ligations at the request of patients, at legally permitted age, following thorough explanation and documentation of risks and benefits.
- Performs circumcisions.
- Participates in regular call coverage.
- Participates in health promotion/disease prevention activities; stresses the importance of preventive health care measures.
- Supports mid-level providers in supervision and consultation.
- Participates in quality improvement/assurance activities.
- Attends and participates in Women’s Care Florida and practice activities, including monthly clinical meetings and mandatory training/in-services as needed.
- Completes records in adequate professional detail, and in a timely manner using WCF electronic medical record system (eCW).
- Other duties as assigned by the Medical Director, CEO, and/or Administration staff, to meet the goal of providing excellent health care to the community
- Maintains and acquires knowledge and skills to perform required duties to meet all hospital, state, organizational and licensure requirements.
- Abides by the WCF protocols and guidelines.
- Follows established guidelines for use and/or disclosure of protected health information. Employees should report any breaches of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) rules to the Privacy Officer (Administrator) immediately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Unencumbered license to practice medicine in Florida as an MD/DO
- Completion of Accredited OB/GYN Residency Program
- Board Certified in OB/GYN.
- Current ACLS certification
Apply for OB/GYN Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly