Outpatient Medical Office Medical Director
AdvantageCare Physicians (ACPNY) is one of the largest primary and specialty care practices in New York City, with more than 35 convenient locations across all five boroughs* and Long Island. Part of the EmblemHealth family of companies, ACPNY is committed to improving the patient experience and delivering “whole you” care, with a focus on a patient’s overall health picture. In our search for eligible candidates, we’re looking to add to our team of enthusiastic health care professionals who are dedicated to making a difference and will always put patient care first.
*BronxDocs medical offices are affiliates of AdvantageCare Physicians
The Medical Office Medical Director is responsible for driving clinical quality and service excellence in his/her medical center. Responsible for implementing strategic initiatives which will ensure market growth and optimize financial performance for the practice. Directs and empowers staff to establish and maintain an efficient, patient-centered environment ensuring accountability, quality patient care and patient satisfaction. This role is 80% clinical-20% administrative. This role allows a physician to see patient while also having the ability to help direct the quality initiatives.Responsibilities:
- Responsible for overall service experience and clinical excellence provided in the medical office, in execution of AdvantageCare Physician’s strategy.
- Ensure priorities are aligned and resources are committed to achieving the goals and objectives of the medical office and AdvantageCare Physicians against targets established by executive leadership and the Regional Medical
- Responsible for the management of all medical care provided at the medical center, for the quality of services rendered by physicians and advanced practice clinicians; ensures high-quality, and clinically appropriate care which exceeds the expectations of
- Ensure appropriate levels of coverage with oversight of paid time off and continuing medical education planning for the medical office with Regional Medical Director and Medical Office
- Effectively promotes high standards of practice through adherence to policies, protocols and practice guidelines; identifies and corrects deficiencies in medical policies, protocols and guidelines utilizing performance improvement
- Manage monitoring of key metrics, such as physician encounters, Relative Value Units (RVUs), out of group referrals, in-basket response times, and Press Ganey scores, appropriately addressing issues and taking corrective actions as needed.
- Lead on-the-job training and assimilation efforts for new physicians and advanced practice clinicians to the medical center (e.g., assigns peer for shadowing, provides work direction, mentors, assigns schedules, initiates formal check-in meetings at set intervals); ensures adequate training and clinical
- Impact directly on patient care through the development of appropriate clinical guidelines, polices, and procedures as well as discussion of individual case
- As a practicing clinician, examines patients, diagnoses and treats Prescribes and administers treatment for patients suffering from injury or disease.
- Assist in the hiring process by interviewing physicians and advanced practice clinicians for Primary Care and providing hiring recommendations based upon AdvantageCare Physician’s required competencies and desired
- Monitor and evaluates performance of primary care physicians, advanced practice clinicians by setting goals and conducting performance appraisals. Provides performance input to specialty
- Recommend personnel actions, such as promotions, demotions, transfers, and disciplinary Assists in the interpretation of and compliance with Human Resources, AdvantageCare Physician and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensure employees understand and comply with local, state, federal and regulatory standards, as they apply to respective job
- Plan and facilitate monthly medical office meetings to communicate key initiatives and evoke
- Represent the interest of medical office physicians, advanced practice clinicians during care team and non-provider staff
- Perform other job related duties as
- Review patient’s history and perform physical
- Evaluate, diagnose and provide appropriate treatment and patient care, and refer patient to specialist as needed.
- Review all test results and recommend suitable management for the patient, including but not limited to, preventive health recommendations and
- Prescribe medications and formulate ongoing treatment and disease management
- Provide relationship-centered care, taking into account the patient’s psychosocial and physical
- Collect and record patient information, such as medical histories, reports and examination Maintain complete and accurate medical records.
- Communicate effectively with the clinical team to insure total delivery of quality
- Participate in medical staff educational programs and meetings.
- Doctor of Medicine (MD), Doctor of Osteopathy (DO) or foreign equivalent
- Completion of post graduate medical training from an accredited residency program in Internal or Family Medicine
- Seeking 3-5 years of experience as a practicing physician required
- Board Certification in specialty required
- Current, unrestricted New York State License to practice medicine required
- Current and active Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration required
- Current and active Medicare/Medicaid Enrollment required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification strongly preferred
- Effective leadership and strong communication skills both oral and written required
- Comfortable with Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system and Microsoft Off
- Monday-Wednesday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Thursday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Competitive Base Salary
- Leadership Incentive
- Sign-on Bonus
- Medical/Dental/Vision Health Insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan
- Malpractice Insurance
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) Reimbursement
Apply for Outpatient Medical Office Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly