The Department of Anesthesiology and Perioperative Medicine at UPMC serves one of the nation’s largest integrated delivery systems and is actively recruiting physicians who are committed to excellence in clinical care.
Our diverse anesthesiology group provides care for a broad variety of cases, include all major adult subspecialty care. We are seeking highly-talented applicants to join our team at UPMC Altoona, providing opportunities for both general anesthesiologists and cardiac anesthesiology subspecialists. Successful candidates must be ABA board-eligible or certified and qualify for an unrestricted Pennsylvania medical license. The ability to work with a highly productive team is critical to the success of this position.
We offer exceptional career growth opportunities and stability as part of a financially strong and thriving world-class health system. Our highly competitive compensation and benefits package include an attractive salary ($457,000 per year guaranteed), a sign on bonus, 10 weeks of vacation, occurrence-based malpractice, an employer-funded retirement plan, health insurance, CME allowance, and more.
About UPMC Altoona:
UPMC Altoona is a rural hospital serving a primary service area comprised of six counties in central Pennsylvania with a patient population of 350,000 - 400,000. The secondary and tertiary service areas for trauma and stroke service lines comprises an 18-county area with a total population of 1,000,000. The hospital is a PA Trauma Systems Foundation-accredited Level 2 trauma center, a regional cardiology, cardiac and vascular surgery center, and a regional cancer center. UPMC Altoona provides endovascular neurology/neuro-intervention and neurosurgery, behavioral health, vascular & wound care, OB care, pediatric care, and is a JCAHO-Accredited Stroke Center. UPMC Altoona is part of the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) Health System, a world-renowned healthcare provider and insurer based in Pittsburgh, PA, closely affiliated with the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine. UPMC operates 40 hospitals and employs over 4,900 physicians and 87,000+ employees.
About The Community:
The Altoona/Blair County/Central Pennsylvania region is a family-oriented community, where one can find excellent quality schools with many colleges in the area, countless recreational activities, and a great number of cultural activities. Our region is a progressive, yet “easy living” community. Traffic jams are few, and children can grow up in a safe, secure, and progressive climate. UPMC Altoona is a major healthcare provider in the region.
• Location: Altoona - South Central Pennsylvania
• 130,000 - Altoona Metro Area Population
• Excellent schools
• Near Penn State University, Penn State Altoona, St. Francis University, Mt. Aloysius College, Juniata College, University of Pittsburgh at Johnstown
• Cultural activities include Altoona Symphony Orchestra, Historic Mishler Theater, and Southern Alleghenies Museum of Art
• Recreational activities include Raystown Lake, Blue Knob Ski Resort, AA Pittsburgh Pirate Affiliate Altoona Curve, and several state parks for camping
• Near major cities including Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington DC, Philadelphia, and New York City
- ABA board-eligible or certified
- Must qualify for an unrestricted Pennsylvania medical license
Apply for Anesthesiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly