Hospitalist Medical Director UPMC Jameson and UPMC Horizon
UPMC Center for Community Hospitalist Medicine is now accepting ABIM/AOBIM/ABFM Board Eligible/Board Certified physicians for an exciting hospitalist medicine leadership opportunity at UPMC Jameson and UPMC Horizon.
We offer exceptional career growth opportunities and stability as part of a financially strong and thriving world-class health system.
Our outstanding compensation and benefits package include occurrence-based malpractice, an employer-funded retirement plan, paid health insurance, generous CME allowance, and more.
- Provide administrative leadership for the program with a focus on meeting performance measures and standards. Assist Hospital in ensuring uniform standards of practice and performance with respect to patient care processes.
- Lead the development of policies and procedures for the Hospitalist Program.
- Support Hospital’s mission, vision, plans, and, in collaboration with Hospital, Medical Staff, and other appropriate participants, participate in and make recommendations regarding the provision of patient care services by Hospitalists.
- In collaboration with Hospital and Hospital’s Medical Staff, monitor the quality, safety and appropriateness of care provided by Hospitalists. Cooperate with Hospital in the collection of information regarding patient and family satisfaction with Hospitalist services provided and review aggregated data. Act in an appropriate fashion to address any identified deficiencies in care provided or in overall patient satisfaction.
- Serve as a liaison between the Medical Staff and Nursing and between Nursing and other departments of Hospital to assure timely communications, adherence to standards and policies and the promotion of collegial relationships. Assist with relationship building, fostering positive interactions, and problem resolution.
- Coordinate education programs for Medical Staff members and Nursing regarding inpatient medicine as reasonably requested.
- Participate in interdisciplinary, interdepartmental performance-improvement activities within Hospital.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Hospital administration and staff to provide clinical expertise and support when needed or requested.
- Review and advise on proper coding for professional services provided by Hospitalists, participate in audits and maintain compliance with sound fiscal practices.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by CCHM or Hospital.
- In addition to administrative duties, Medical Director will also be responsible for clinical commitment whereas the physician will treat hospitalized patients from admission through discharge, conducting history and physical assessments, strategizing to improve and/or manage patient health, and attempting to reduce their length of stay through safe medical practices and recommended treatment plans. Physician will work as part of a team with physicians and APPs.
- UPMC Jameson and UPMC Horizon
Licensure, Certifications and Clearances:
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine
- BLS, ACLS Certified
- Must qualify for a medical license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
- Act 33, 34, 73
Apply for Hospitalist Medical Director UPMC Jameson and UPMC Horizon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly