The Minneapolis VA Health Care System, a major teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Minnesota, has an opening for a Structural Interventional Cardiologist for the Cardiology section of the Primary Care Patient Service Line. The candidate must be a Board Certified Interventional cardiologist with formal training in Structural and Peripheral Interventions. The candidate must have extensive experience in and demonstrated expertise in all facets of complex coronary interventions as well as complex structural heart disease procedures (see list below). The ideal candidate will need to participate in the teaching of students, residents and fellows. Requirements include board certification in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, and Interventional Cardiology as applicable.
- Requisite high-level expertise and "hands on" experience in all facets of structural heart interventional procedures (including advanced procedures in the transcatheter mitral and tricuspid valve intervention space).
- Completed a formal year or more of structural heart interventional training at a reputed high-quality program.
- At least 4-5 years of clinical experience in structural heart interventions post fellowship and performance of over 250 structural procedures independently after fellowship training.
- Proven experience in complex coronary interventions including Left Main Interventions and PCI procedures using advanced hemodynamic support.
- Expertise in complex peripheral arterial interventions.
- Show academic excellence, as demonstrated by publications in high impact peer-reviewed Journals and active participation in ongoing interventional trials
- Active involvement in national or international conferences as speaker, and chair of sessions. Being recognized as a proctor for new procedures or as an invited operator for presenting Live Cases in well recognized scientific conferences will be highly desirable.
Apply for Interventional Cardiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly