Maternal & Fetal Medicine Physician
Dignity Health Medical Group is actively seeking a highly patient-centric physician to serve as a colleague in the Division Maternal Fetal Medicine DHMG in the Department of Women s Health, Obstetrics & Gynecology at St. Joseph s Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Maternal Fetal Medicine group provides our hospital system with an inpatient service as well as consultative and ongoing high risk care in an ambulatory clinic. Our academic hospital provides teaching and research opportunities in our integrated care model.
A leader in the Phoenix and Valley Region of Arizona in Women s Services, the DHMG Maternal Fetal Medicine Division offers in patient as well as outpatient services within clinics throughout the Phoenix Metropolitan Area. With direct collaboration with our colleagues at Phoenix children s Hospital, we offer care collaboration and coordination of care for all high risk conditions. Our Gynecology Services at St. Joseph s Hospital and Medical Center are ranked 19th in the nation, by US News and World Report 2018-2019.
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a Regional Perinatal Center which provides Level 4 Obstetrical Care, with approximately 5000 deliveries/year, housing nationally ranked and internationally renowned neurology/neurosurgery, and high-performing heart and lung transplantation services, and a level 1 trauma center. The Level III NICU has over 60 approved beds and ECHMO. The Division works closely with Phoenix Children's Hospital which is the fifth largest Children's Hospital in the country and nationally ranked in all 10 sub-subspecialty areas evaluated by US News and World Report.
Through the Creighton University School of Medicine (CUSOM), the DHMG Division of Obstetrics and Gynecology will continue to provide educational enhancement to medical students who rotate through the St. Joseph s Hospital campus in sunny, Phoenix, Arizona. St. Joseph s Hospital currently provides educational instruction to 35 OBGYN residents. In addition to our unique opportunity to partner with CUSOM in shaping the future of medicine, our department is honored to serve an ethnically and socioeconomically diverse patient population. We welcome applicants who find this patient population and teaching opportunities to be professionally rewarding.
- MD or DO Degree and Active Board Certification
- Must have or be eligible for Arizona State medical licensure
- Completed ACGME Residency training with current Board Certification
- Completion of Maternal Fetal fellowship
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital privileges at Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
- Is a team-oriented provider that is passionate about providing quality care and furthering the healing ministry, while serving the poor and under privileged
EEO No J1 Visas
- Consultative service
- Candidates must be committed to the high risk maternal care and perinatal ultrasound
- Candidates should be interested in educating fellows, residents, rotating residents and medical students
- Research or similar academic activities are strongly encouraged
- Call and shifts are distributed equally among 5 perinatologists
- Candidates are encouraged to develop service lines of particular interest to them and fill knowledge of our staff
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Full-time or part-time position to join our tenure track or non-tenure clinical track. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience
- AIUM accredited
- Genetic counseling services on-site
- Certified diabetic educator on-site
- Neonatal care is provided at our Level IV NICU staffed by Neonatologists from the Phoenix Children's Hospital.
- Support of Pediatric Cardiologists and all sub-specialists from Phoenix Children's Hospital
- Level IV maternal level of care services with medical transfers from around the Arizona Region.
- Multi-disciplinary and consultative services to Phoenix Children's Hospital for all Pediatric Subspecialists
- Competitive salary and benefits with sign on bonus and relocation costs
- 100% consultative practice supported by excellent OB Hospitalist program
- Physicians dedicated to work-life balance
- Fantastic team including advanced practice provider, genetic counselors, sonographers, RNs and fully dedicated office/support staff
- 4-day work week with one week of telephone call per month
- Employed physician model
- Competitive salary, benefits & retirement package
- Integrated medical group with one EMR for both the acute and ambulatory environments
- New, full medical school opening in 2021 with expanded academic research opportunities
- Creighton Medical School will offer an expanded residency and new fellowship program with 2,000 learners
Dignity Health, one of the largest healthcare systems in the nation, is a growing organization with well-resourced, modern facilities and diverse practice opportunities. With more than 39 acute care hospitals in three states and 9,000 physicians, Dignity Health touches the lives of thousands of people and provides nearly $2 billion in charity care to the communities it serves.
Dignity Health Medical Group is the employed physician group serving the Arizona Service Area. Covering over 45 practice sites, complementing clinical services with translational and bench research, our integrated medical group employs in excess of 250 healthcare providers throughout the valley. Dignity Health Medical Group is continuously expanding in order to meet the needs of the growing patient population in Arizona. With a unified vision of becoming an organization where physicians, care teams and staff come to do their best work--and patients come for the best care--Dignity Health Medical Group is searching for exceptional talent that is patient focused and team-oriented, who can become a part of our mission-driven organization.
Phoenix is an ideal place to raise a family and offers excellent schools and nationally ranked state universities. With professional sports teams, wonderful restaurants, incomparable shopping and excellent housing options, the Phoenix area is one of the most highly desirable places to live in the country. Dependable sunshine and warm temperatures make outdoor activities a way of life with our numerous lakes and mountains for hiking, skiing, or fishing just a few hours away.
Apply for Maternal & Fetal Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly