Pulm/CC Opportunity - Minutes from Charlotte, NC
MUSC Health - Lancaster Medical Center is seeking a Pulmonary/Critical Care trained physician to grow and expand a practice in Lancaster, SC. This is an amazing opportunity to support pulmonary needs and serve as an intensivist in a busy and growing region with a service area population of greater than 200,000 people and where there is high acuity and a high-volume COPD & emphysema patient population. This opportunity provides all the advantages of a community health system, but with superior support from divisional Pulmonary/Critical Care partners and MUSC’s Department of Critical Care. As a partner and collaborator with our academic medical center, you’ll have access to advanced technologies such as specialty and sub-specialty diagnostic support, and direct affiliation with clinical centers of excellence, all to better empower you to increase and optimize care locally.
About this position:
- Seeking candidates who are board-certified/board-eligible
- Employed by the MUSC Health system
- Hospital ICU coverage from 7am -7pm with hospitalists and tele-intensivists covering night call so there is NO NIGHT call required
- Access & support to tele-intensivist program through MUSC
- Fiberoptic bronchoscopy equipment with video capabilities and EBUS bronchoscopy
- Offers autonomy and excellent hospital support
- Excellent Pulmonary/Critical Care support resources from MUSC Charleston
- Patient mix is very compliant and extremely appreciative of our medical staff
- Enjoy a wonderful balance of work and play with time to enjoy time with your family
- Many great options to choose where to live – Rock Hill, SC (home of Winthrop University), Ft. Mill, SC, Indian Land, SC, Charlotte, NC along with its many emerging suburban areas like Ballantyne and Waxhaw
We will provide:
- Generous sign on bonus and loan repayment
- 5 Days for CME + CME Allowance
- PTO and Holidays
- Employer funded retirement account + additional employer match for retirement contributions
- Occurrence Malpractice Coverage
- Epic EMR
- Employed position which comes with an MUSC faculty appointment and the resources which accompany an academic medical center, such as access to the MUSC medical library
Lancaster, SC is a charming city with a compelling past and a bright future. Located in the Charlotte metropolitan area, Lancaster County ranks as the sixth fastest growing county in the Carolinas and has the best public schools in South Carolina. With access to great shopping, restaurants, state parks, golf courses, and a vibrant art community, Lancaster's residents find it easy live life to the fullest.
MUSC Health Lancaster Medical Center is a 225-bed, all-private room facility. Lancaster Medical Center believes in the power of people to create great care — with approximately 1,000 physicians and care team members. Lancaster Medical Center is a place where technology and skilled professionals come together to provide compassionate, customer-focused care. We work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring, and connection for patients and families in the community we call home.
Lancaster Medical Center offers acute care, diagnostic services, women’s health including obstetrics, orthopaedic services, cardiac services, general and laparoscopic surgery, rehabilitation, emergency treatment, wound care and more. Lancaster Medical Center is an Accredited Chest Pain Center as designated by The American College of Cardiology, as well as a Primary Stroke Center as designated by the Joint Commission. Both accreditations demonstrate Lancaster Medical Center's commitment to the highest standards in the country in the areas of stroke and cardiac care.
MUSC Health, the clinical enterprise of the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), is dedicated to the pursuit of changing what’s possible in health care. Nationally recognized for its innovation, patient, and family-centered care, and quality outcomes, this integrated health care system is accessible at the downtown Charleston campus, four regional medical centers, and through more than 100 outreach locations, clinical affiliations with numerous health care partners, and a robust telehealth network.
Apply for Pulm/CC Opportunity - Minutes from Charlotte, NC
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly