There is a full time opening for a Urologist at the Green Bay VA Healthcare Center within the Northeast Wisconsin Ambulatory Care Clinics. Responsibilities include providing urology consultations and follow-up care. Additionally, the individual would perform and review outpatient urologic procedures, including urodynamics, cystoscopy, vasectomies, prostate needle biopsies, along with performing outpatient surgical care. The incumbent will also be responsible to complete clinical reminders, achieve clinical performance measures, medication reconciliation, and be able to work within the computerized patient record system (CPRS). The incumbent would also provide clinical oversight of an on-site part-time urology nurse practitioner.
The Green Bay VA Healthcare Center (HCC) is an outpatient-only multi-specialty clinic that provides primary care, mental health, surgical, and medicine subspecialty services to approximately 24,000 veteran patients in Northeast Wisconsin. Pharmacy, laboratory, ultrasound, MRI, CT, and vascular studies services are available on site.
The focus of urology services at the Green Bay HCC is the provision of general urologic care for veteran patients in a manner which is reflective of good clinical judgment, medical knowledge, clinical skills (medical interviewing, physical examination, and procedural skills), humanistic qualities, and professionalism.
Work Schedule:Full Time, Day Shift, Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Financial Disclosure Report:Not requiredTravel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Physical Requirements:Walking, bending, stooping, and some lifting in the direct care of patients. There may also be extended periods of sitting.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician- Urologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly