Physician Preventive Medicine
You will serve as a Physician (Preventive Medicine) in the Program and Policy Department within the Directorate of Preventive Medicine at the Navy and Marine Corp Public Health Center Portsmouth VA.
- Provides authoritative professional preventive medicine consultation to preventive medicine, occupational medicine, other specialty physicians, etc.
- Leads efforts to interpret both proposed and established public health standards.
- Directs the management, analysis and publishing of results of various medical surverillance programs.
- Coordinates educational efforts and programs related to preventive medicine..
- Conducts special projects independently.
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) may be required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- Employee may be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
- Salary listed is based on a full-time work schedule; Salary will vary depending on location of the position due to different locality salary charts.
- Employee must maintain current certifications.
- Shift work and emergency overtime may be required.
- You may be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Full time, part time, intermittent, permanent, term, and/or temporary appointments are available.
- May be required to serve a probationary period.
- You may be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
- You may be required to obtain and maintain a current license/certification as required for various specialties.
- You may be required to receive and maintain appropriate vaccinations and immunizations.
- Work is performed in areas where potentially harmful physical and chemical agents are present (e.g. fumes, dust, heat, ionizing and non-ionizing radiation and chemicals). You will be required to participate in medical surveillance programs.
- You will be required to meet any applicable credentialing or privileging requirements prior to appointment.
- Telework eligibility varies depending on position.
Applicants must meet the following Basic Requirements of the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualifications Standards Manual: Applicants must possess:
- DEGREE: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation.
- LICENSING: Active, permanent, full, unrestricted physician license to practice medicine in any state, District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- RESIDENCY: Applicants must possess 4 years of graduate training in the specialty of the position to be filled or equivalent experience and training. 4 years of residency training or equivalent experience and training in Preventive Medicine (i.e., 3 yrs. Residency & 1year fellowship and/or experience). Your resume must reflect that you have sufficient level of expertise in Preventive Medicine to perform the core responsibilities of this position at the GP-14 level
Selective Placement Factor (SPF): This position has a selective placement factor that will be used to screen out ineligible candidates. The selective placement factor is: Possession of Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Certification. Failure to possess this factor WILL result in an ineligible rating. Possession of the factor must be verifiable via your resume
How to Apply
Your complete resume including beginning and ending dates, month and year, detail description of duties performed, etc. for each experience must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 8/9/2021. If more than one resume is received, only the last resume received and processed will be reviewed. Send your resume only to email@example.com (no SSN or pictures please). Insert JAMALTA10990713859344PM in your subject line.
To learn more about the position under the catch all Physician(Various Specialties) Announcement, please visit:
To learn more about the position, please visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/getjob/viewdetails/591795400
Apply for Physician Preventive Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly