Lutheran Medical Group in Ft. Wayne, IN is seeking a board-certified Heart Transplant Surgeon to assist with the clinical, operational and research activities of the heart transplant program. Ideal candidates will be proficient in all aspects of adult cardiothoracic and vascular surgery with advanced expertise in heart transplantation, mechanical assist devices and ECMO. Join a large, dynamic, multidisciplinary, hospital-employed Cardiology group of CV surgeons, Non-Invasive Cardiologists, Interventional Cardiologists, Electrophysiologists, Advanced Heart Failure and Heart Transplant Cardiologists in Ft. Wayne, IN. With our own heart transplant program, growing VAD and ECMO programs as well as research opportunities available within our own research organization, Lutheran Health Network provides the full spectrum of cardiology care to northeast Indiana.
- Current certification by the American Board of Thoracic Surgery or its foreign equivalent
- Qualify as a “Primary” or “Additional” Heart Transplant Surgeon under current UNOS Bylaws (UNOS bylaws – Appendix H, Section H.2)
- Completion of a heart transplant fellowship or no less than Three (3) years heart transplant experience in a leadership-level role
- Qualify for an unrestricted medical license in the state of Indiana and medical staff membership within the hospital
- Heart transplant programmatic growth and outreach experience preferred
Where You'll Work:
Lutheran Hospital is a 396-bed tertiary care center in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. Since 1904, Lutheran Hospital has maintained its commitment to meeting the healthcare needs of northeast Indiana. Key services include Cardiac Care, Children’s Hospital, Comprehensive Cancer Center, Emergency Medicine including the only Pediatric Emergency Department in the region, Musculoskeletal Center and Neurological Services, Cardiac and Renal transplant center.
Where You'll Live:
Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Rated #1 city in Indiana to raise your kids
- Second largest city in Indiana with a population of 360,000+
- Named All-American City Award and a City of Livability
- Always ranked in the top 10 Lowest Cost of Living cities in the country
- 10-minute drive to work – no traffic!
- Over 25 miles of connected trails for walking, running, hiking and biking
- Excellent public, private, and parochial schools, as well as colleges and universities
- Active academic community, including Indiana University School of Medicine and The Fort Wayne Medical Education Program, a family practice residency program
- 87 public parks, 25 golf courses and 300 lakes within 50 miles of Fort Wayne
- Family activities: the award-winning Children’s Zoo and Science Central Art and cultural: Fort Wayne Philharmonic, Fort Wayne Museum of Art, and the Botanical Conservatory
- Rated #1 city in the country for minor league sports (baseball, basketball, football, hockey, and NCAA Division I college sports)
- Close to Indianapolis (two hours), Chicago, Cincinnati, and Detroit (three hours)
Who You’ll Work For:
Lutheran Health Network is a taxpaying, integrated healthcare delivery system and one of the largest employers in the region. The foundation of Lutheran Health Network is an experienced team of more than 7,000 employees working together with the more than 800 physicians who make up its medical staffs. The network's more than 100 access points in northern Indiana include physician offices, urgent care clinics, outpatient centers and eight hospitals consisting of 973 licensed beds - 797 in Allen County alone.
Lutheran Health Network continues to provide patients with extensive access to specialized services through its hospitals, patient care centers and physician practices. The strength of LHN allows it to recruit highly skilled physicians, innovate with the newest technology and participate in clinical research. These attributes enable LHN to sustain and grow its spectrum of services, and most importantly, deliver the highest levels of choice, support, care and patient experience that have long been its hallmark.