Division Chief of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Division Chief of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine | City of Hope National Medical Center in Duarte, CA
City of Hope Medical Group Seeks a Medical Intensivist to Lead the Pulmonary and Critical Care Team
The Department of Medicine at City of Hope National Medical Center is seeking an experienced physician-leader to serve as the Division Chief of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine. The chief reports to the Chair of City of Hope’s Department of Medicine, Randy A. Taplitz, M.D. Together, you will play a crucial role in the development of the outpatient pulmonary clinical services, the interventional pulmonary program, as well as the critical care services on our Duarte and future Irvine campuses.
Join our nationally recognized team of medical, surgical, and radiation cancer specialists as we seek to hire a full time Leader for our Pulmonary and Critical Care Division.
- Provide leadership, support quality and safety, lead and maintain clinical excellence and develop clinical and collaborative research, administrative and recruitment activities of the Division
- Division currently includes 8 Pulmonary Critical Care physicians
- Effort allocation: 75% Clinical / 25% Administrative
- Cover only one location at Helford Hospital: 18-bed 24/7 Intensive Care Unit
- Relocation assistance available on a case-by case basis
- Generous salary, potential for incentive compensation, and benefits including a generous retirement package
- 5+ years of pulmonary and critical care experience with evidence of progressive management responsibilities, research contributions and leadership in an academic department
- Strong track record of collaboration, *must possess the ability to engage a broad base of stakeholders to work towards a shared vision
- Academic record consistent with appointment at the Professor or Associate Professor level at City of Hope National Medical Center
- The selected candidate for the position must be eligible to obtain or already hold an active California medical license
- ABMS board eligibility/certification in internal medicine, pulmonary medicine and critical care medicine
This position is a rare opportunity to work in a 300+ member integrated, multidisciplinary Medical Group Practice serving an NCI designated comprehensive cancer center in highly desirable Southern California, within our established Department of Medicine. City of Hope is an expanding institution in both numbers of patients per year as well as infrastructure investment in clinical, academic and research facilities. We will be accepting applications through May 2021. This is a timely recruitment, and we will begin interviewing February and March.
City of Hope is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, and candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Division Chief of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly