Chief of Anesthesiology
Seeking Established Medical Director for Leadership Opportunity with our Team at Creighton University Medical Center in Omaha!
Envision Physician Services is seeking a Medical Director to join our Anesthesiology team at Creighton University Medical Center Bergan Mercy. CHI Health CUMC is a modern 391-bed teaching hospital that serves as one of the region s premier academic medical centers, and is presently one of the largest healthcare providers in Nebraska.
The Chief of Anesthesiology is a member of the anesthesia staff sharing in patient care and call responsibilities in conjunction with leadership and administrative duties. The team consists of 13 full time physicians and 29 full time CRNAs, and covers a wide variety of cases including General, Trauma, Ortho, Endo, Vascular, Urology, OB, Neuro and Cardiac.
The non-clinical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing a solid, qualified care team of anesthesiologists and certified registered nurse anesthetists
- Supervising departmental staff and providing ongoing evaluation of anesthesia skills and job performance
- Fostering a positive collaborative work environment and managing relationships with surgeons, other members of the medical staff, administrative management, hospital staff as well as the anesthesia team.
- Assist the facility and provide leadership in management of Perioperative Services
- Establishing and maintaining policies and procedures pertinent to the conduct of anesthesia care, including follow up care and integrate best practices and standards of clinical care into departmental practice.
- Initiate expanding service lines within the healthcare system, and support other hospital and departmental initiatives
- Assure department compliance with Medical Staff and hospital policies, rules and regulations and Departmental policies and procedures.
- Assist providers and credentialing support staff in maintaining appropriate licensing, certifications, and privileges.
- Department leadership for academic initiatives in partnership with Creighton University
- Anesthesia care team model is comprised of 13 Anesthesiologists and 29 CRNA s
- Case mix: General, Trauma, Ortho, Endo, Vascular, Urology, OB, Neuro and Cardiac. No Pedi!
- Staff covers main CUMC campus in addition to CHI Midlands Health Ambulatory Surgery Center at Midlands
- Must be comfortable supervising CRNA s or doing own cases
- Must be board certified and licensed, or eligible for licensure, as a physician in Nebraska
- Prior Experience in Chief or Vice Chief of Anesthesia position
- ACLS and BLS certification through American Heart Association
Envision offers a competitive compensation with signing bonus and benefits package that includes health, dental and vision benefits, disability and life insurance, 401K and paid malpractice with tail coverage. Relocation support available!
Creighton University Medical Center - University Campus is an 80,000-square-foot community health center that reaffirms CHI Health s commitment to serve the health care needs of downtown and northeast Omaha communities. Planned and designed in collaboration with the neighborhoods served, a full complement of health professionals are ready to care for patient needs, ranging from routine doctor visits to life-threatening chest pain. Care teams work together to provide the right kind of care, at the right time, to every patient.
Founded in 1854, the city of Omaha has always been a dynamic, energetic city continually transforming itself. Located on the eastern border of Nebraska, near the Missouri River, the city of Omaha is a center of creativity, business and philanthropy. The Omaha riverfront and downtown area have experienced tremendous growth with over two billion dollars in new development. A one-of-a-kind $22 million pedestrian bridge S-curves its way across the Missouri River, the signature, cable-stayed Bob Kerrey Bridge is one of the longest pedestrian bridge projects ever constructed, giving Omaha visitors a breathtaking view of the ever-changing skyline. Residents enjoy the benefit of four seasons and find outdoor activities plentiful year-round.
Apply for Chief of Anesthesiology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly