Chief Medical Officer
As a member of the executive team, Chief Medical Officer (CMO) will be responsible for overseeing clinical operations, Regional Medical Directors, the Director of Clinical Operations, the healthcare providers, and medical staff. The CMO will handle the patient-facing responsibilities as deftly and efficiently as the administrative aspects of the role. The CMO is directly responsible for medical education, quality assurance and improvement and patient safety / risk management. They will work as part of the leadership team in the development of the organizations vision, growth plan, and quality agenda. You will join a forward-thinking health team that focuses first and foremost on patient care.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates and cooperates with Urgent Care staff, healthcare executives and providers to initiate procedures, regulations, and programs to benefit patients and support the Urgent Care facility fiscally.
- Participate with the executive team to initiate procedures, regulations, and programs to benefit our patients and support all our Urgent Care facilities.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the clinical functions of the organization including development and implementation policies and procedures pertaining to clinical staff and services.
- Provides leadership, strategy, and vision around practice transformation ensuring that our clinical model addresses patient needs.
- Performs continuous quality improvement activities to ensure ongoing efficiency of the healthcare system
- Ensure the proper usage of EMR, billing, and administrative systems
- Ensure appropriate supervision of mid-level providers in compliance with state regulations
- Prepares materials and participates in meetings and committees including public meeting with Board of Directors
- Participates in the alignment of Provider and clinical staff patient care staff and quality measures
- Ensure timely access to high quality medical services for patients through clinical systems improvements.
- Monitor clinical performance and find ways to improve both administratively and clinically
- Coordinates collaborative activities with the medical staff.
- Identifies opportunities to collaborate and develop clinical integration opportunities with other health delivery systems to achieve affordable outcomes.
- Creates and enforces the clinical guidelines that make healthcare delivery run more smoothly.
- Create benchmarks for key performance indicators
- Train, motivate and oversee all health care providers and support staff
- Responsible for the talent selection and development including but not limited to candidate interview panels, facilitated practice (training), and Provider development
- Support the Medical Directors, and Director of Clinical Operations in their day-to-day needs.
- Takes ownership of patient outcomes
- Leads our Physician and providers in weekly meetings
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Routine presence in the clinics is required including 1 clinical shift a week.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
- Emergency Medicine background preferred.
- ABMS board certified
Education and Requirements:
- Medical degree, either a Doctor of Medicine or a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from an accredited approved school of medicine.
- Valid license from the Commonwealth of Virginia Board of Medicine.
- Advanced degree in management, such as a Master’s in Business Administration, Master’s in Public Health, or Master’s in Health Administration
- 10+ years clinical experience with five years of experience working in a supervisory position managing direct reports.
- Experience with clinical risk management and safety protocols
- Demonstrated ability to lead and implement quality improvement initiatives.
- Understands and buys-in to the “business” of medicine (whether UC or some other for-profit medical practice)
- Proven and demonstrated experience leading multi-provider teams.
- Understands and can deliver according to KPIs
- Leads our culture of teamwork, positive energy, continual improvement
Apply for Chief Medical Officer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly