Hospice & Palliative Physician - Hospice of Union County
Carolinas Palliative Care & Hospice Group (CPCHG), is currently seeking a Full- Time Physician to join their growing hospice team in Union County, NC. Experience in Hospice & Palliative, Geriatrics, Hospitalist and end of life care are relevant for this position but not required.
Hospice of Union County (HOUC) is a part of Atrium Health and has been serving Union County for over 15 years and is proudly connected to the community. HOUC provides care that revolves around quality of life, as well as peace, comfort and dignity. Hospice care is available for those living at home, in nursing homes and assisted living centers, and at hospice houses. Our team also provides palliative care in skilled nursing facilities and partners with our community palliative care; Advanced Illness Management team.
- Serve as Agency Medical Director for Hospice of Union County
- Join team of 2 MD's & 5 APP's
- Assures high quality, appropriate and efficient utilization of hospice and palliative services
- Collaborates with the IDG to ensure that the medical needs of the patient are met and provides oversight of the plan of care
- Certifies patient eligibility criteria for hospice care including admission, symptom calls and certification of terminal illness
- Established patient panel
- Shared call - rotating schedule
- Rounding at McWhorter Inpatient Unit and Tucker Hospice House’s
- Certified by the American Board of Medical Specialties in Hospice and Palliative Medicine preferred
- Primary Call for both hospice agencies Mon-Sun and weekend rounding every other month
Carolinas Palliative Care & Hospice Group provides clinical services that reflect the organizations philosophy and mission: to promote comprehensive, compassionate care for all living with serious illness. Join the growing CPCHG Team who cover inpatient, outpatient, palliative and hospice care.
Monroe is located 35 minutes from Charlotte International Airport, within 2 hours of driving to mountains, skiing, multiple outdoor activities within short distance (boating, fishing, hunting). Union county has some of the highest rated public schools in North Carolina. Weddington Middle school has won the first place in the state of North Carolina on EOG's (end of school grade). Diverse professional sports including NASCAR, the NFL Carolina Panthers, NBA Charlotte Hornets, Carolina Knights baseball, Charlotte Checkers hockey, and golf, as well as unlimited year-round recreational opportunities. Charlotte is 35 minutes away and the largest and most accessible city between Washington, DC and Dallas, TX. World-class entertainment, eclectic culinary experiences, as well as an abundance of literary, musical and cultural opportunities are all readily available and easily accessed. Excellent public and private schools and numerous top ranked colleges and universities throughout the greater Charlotte region and state of North Carolina. Easy drive to the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains and many most popular US beaches. Immediate access to a major, easy to navigate international airport offering direct flights across the country and to several international destinations.
Contact me for more information or to submit your CV for review!
Apply for Hospice & Palliative Physician - Hospice of Union County
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly