Total Joint Orthopaedic Surgeon (Ball Orthopaedics Practice)
Indiana University Health Ball Memorial is building a new orthopedic office in Muncie, IN!
We are seeking a Total Joint Orthopedic Surgeon to be our lead surgeon. In addition to this position, the practice will also include at least two other orthopedic surgeons (one other total joint orthopedic surgeon and a general orthopedic surgeon), a primary care sports medicine physician, APPs, and future plans to add additional orthopedic physicians.
Since we partner with the nation’s largest medical school, Indiana University School of Medicine, we are able to provide leading-edge medicine and treatment options to patients. Our exceptional care and continued excellence has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report for the past 23 years. So, IU Health continues to be ranked among the nation's best healthcare systems and Indiana's number-one-ranked system.
As Indiana’s largest healthcare system dedicated to improving the health and wellness of Hoosiers, we provide reliable access to specialty care and the region's largest primary care referral base. That will allow the orthopedic surgeons to quickly ramp up in our service area of 600,000 people.
- Total Joint Orthopedic - Lead Surgeon
- About 50% outpatient / 50% Inpatient
- Perform 8-10 hip and knee procedures per week
- See high volume of clinic patients per week
- Full Time, Monday-Friday
- As of now, there is limited call which will provide a great work/life balance. Only IP call will be for an urgent pain or wound need relevant to an elective patient the TJ surgeon operates on.
- Another physician group currently provides internal call coverage in the ED and is responsible for all Ortho Trauma. As the practice grows, a new call rotation will be established.
- Strong existing infrastructure that will help build this practice quickly
- Willingness to accept learners, no research requirements
- Main Work Locations: IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital (the region's largest referral center) and Ball's Outpatient Surgery Center in Muncie, Indiana
- Strong compensation and benefit package
- DO or MD
- Current residents, fellows, and practicing candidates encouraged to apply
- Orthopedic residency trained
- Adult Reconstruction or Joint Replacement fellowship trained
- Ability to become licensed in Indiana
- ABOS BE / BC
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at IU Health. IU Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, national origin, gender identity and/or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Muncie, Indiana offers a vast variety of entertainment, dining, culture and family-friendly recreation. One visit to Muncie, rich with history, recreation and festivals, will win you over!
- Home of Ball State University
- Museum of Art, Planetarium and Muncie Symphony Orchestra
- Wineries, unique shopping and local cuisine
- Prairie Creek Reservoir offers boating, fishing and camping
- Family friendly outdoor music and food festivals along with sports and recreation
- Named as one of the National Civic League's 2020 All-America Cities
- Quick drive to Indianapolis, Chicago and Cincinnati
Rewarding Physician and Advanced Provider opportunities await at Indiana University Health Ball Memorial.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is both a teaching hospital and regional tertiary referral center. We've introduced healthcare to underserved populations and geographic areas such as Upland, New Castle and Hartford City and given consumers choices in their healthcare.
IU Health Ball Memorial is the largest non-government employer in East Central Indiana, employing nearly 3,000 people. This not-for-profit organization boasts of a clinical staff of more than 400 physicians, representing more than 45 medical specialties.
Most recently, the new, patient-centric 5 story south wing was unveiled. The $120 million facility includes 300,000 square feet of new and revitalized space, including 108 all-private patient rooms.
IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital provides top-quality care and has been awarded with more than 35 top national and international awards to prove its efforts. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is the first Indiana hospital to receive NIAHO accreditation for compliance with Medicare rules, the first Indiana hospital to earn the American Heart Association Award for stroke care, and the first Indiana hospital to be awarded with ISO 9001:2000 Certification. IU Health Ball Memorial Hospital is also the third Indiana hospital to obtain “Baby-Friendly” designation from Baby-Friendly Hospital Initiative (BFHI) for its commitment to infant health.
The hospital campus is home to The Edmund F. Ball Medical Education Center and includes the largest physician-teaching program in Indiana outside of Indianapolis, with three residency programs. The hospital is affiliated with the Indiana University School of Medicine and serves as an educational site for the first two years of medical school. The clinics provide low cost medical care for 25,000 patient visits each year.
Full job description here.
Apply for Total Joint Orthopaedic Surgeon (Ball Orthopaedics Practice)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly