Breast Imager - Mammography - Radiologist
Site: Department Radiology at NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County
Physician Affiliate Group of New York (PAGNY) is one of the largest multi-disciplinary groups in the country whose main purpose is to nurture and embolden the healthcare providers who take care of the most fragile and vulnerable patients in New York City. PAGNY people do more than diagnose and treat; we uplift the spirits and dignity of patients because we love what we do, and it shows. PAGNY is committed to recruiting and retaining productive and enthusiastic physicians and promotes our health professionals wellness.
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Kings County, located in the heart of Brooklyn, accommodate more than 518,076 outpatient visits, more than 141,328 emergency room visits, and with 627 beds, more than 25,000 inpatient admissions annually. The hospital maintains a strong academic affiliation with SUNY Downstate Medical Center in order to maintain its high standards of healthcare delivery.
Kings County is located in the East Flatbush/Prospect-Lefferts section of Brooklyn, close to the 2 and 5 subways. Our patients are diverse, with the majority being afro-Caribbean. Most of our patients are native English speakers. Knowledge of French/Haitian Creole is helpful, but not required.
We are currently seeking a board-certified Radiologist with fellowship training in Breast Imaging to join our outstanding Kings County team within our Breast Imaging division. Under the general administration of the Department of Radiology, to coordinate, manage, and provide care to selected patients with protocols mutually agreed upon by the medical personnel and within the scope of practice as defined by New York State Law.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the range of activities which will primarily be located within the division of breast imaging. You should feel comfortable with the following responsibilities:
- Assist the division to diagnose patients with breast pathology, via tomosynthesis, sonography, and MRI in both acute care and outpatient settings
- Appropriate ordering of tests and medications
- Preforming image guided breast biopsies and drainages
- Participate in department and multidisciplinary meetings, conferences, committee, and activities related to quality improvement and hospital initiatives, most notably in the division of breast imaging
- Work with multidisciplinary teams and family members to implement an appropriate therapeutic regimen for breast pathology
- Oversee and teach residents in the aforementioned capacities, as well as work on educational projects with the residents
- Provide one monthly lecture to the residents
- You will be responsible for covering diagnostic radiology from time to time:
- Cross cover diagnostic radiology needs, primarily involving emergency room interpretations of CTs, MRIs, ultrasounds, and x-rays, on an as-needed basis during the week as agreed upon with the director of breast imaging and on select weekends throughout the year
- Flexible schedule with weekend rotations as per the operational needs of the department
- ABR Eligible or Certified in diagnostic radiology
- BLS certification
- Knowledgeable in general diagnostic radiology skills
- A one-year post residency fellowship in Breast Imaging or Women s Imaging
- Possess a New York State Medical License
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Breast Imager - Mammography - Radiologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly