CU Boulder Medical Services encourages applicants for a Medical Director! This senior leadership role is responsible for leadership, direction and consultation as it relates to the provision of high quality medical services within the Division of Health and Wellness at CU- Boulder.
Working in a team environment with the Senior Director of Medical Services, clinical directors and the leadership team and the staff within the Health and Wellness, the Medical Director will establish an environment that promotes quality, consistency, and the highest level of care possible for our student population. This position also practices as a physician as a member of the clinical staff.
We seek someone with the skills to work with people responsible for a broad range of programs and services. The ideal candidate will exhibit an ability to cultivate a culture of trust, respect and professionalism that inspires excellence and collaboration within the Health and Wellness units, Student Affairs and throughout the campus and community.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Provide direct patient care within licensed scope of practice.
- Perform detailed and accurate medical evaluations and design a treatment plan in accordance with medical guidelines and standards. Communicate and educate patients regarding medical conditions, follow-up care, and preventive measures.
- Prepare and maintain thorough, accurate, and clear medical records which justify diagnoses, treatment(s) and billing codes.
- Make appropriate use of Pharmacy, Laboratory, Radiology, PTIC, as well as other ancillary services in clinical decision making, in accordance with the standards of practice of medicine.
- Readily seek appropriate consultation for unusual or unresponsive cases while following established referral procedures.
- Participate with other staff physicians and providers sharing a proportionate patient load and clinical responsibilities.
- Maintain current and appropriate medical credentials including a Colorado Medical License and DEA registration.
- Participate in peer review and quality improvement measures.
- Participate in the development and approval of medical practice procedures, policies and guidelines within MS and the Division of Health and Wellness.
Leadership & Administration
- Provide clinical leadership for MS leadership team in support of strategic plan.
- Provide clinical oversight and collaboration to assure compliance with clinical accreditation standards.
- Provide clinical consultation for each clinic in setting goals, directions, policies and procedures regarding services delivery.
- Provide counsel regarding clinical quality of care concerns and performance matters relating to clinical staff. Assesses the quality of health care services provided by clinics and staff through oversight of the peer review process.
- Create strong, collaborative relationships within MS, as well as Health and Wellness Services, to ensure a streamlined, efficient and timely continuum of care for students.
- Responsible for the credentialing and privileging of the medical staff in collaboration with Administrative Services. Will work with clinical supervisors to determine core and special privilege criteria and will have the final approval for clinical privileges.
- Provide clinical leadership for QI initiatives. Assist with monitoring programmatic quality measures and outcomes.
Campus Representation & Strategic Partnerships
- Provide consultation and support of decisions and committees that have a significant impact to the health and wellness of students, such as insurance, campus care, and student fees.
Professional Development & Other Duties
- Stay abreast of current literature, ongoing trends, demographic changes, laws and policies that impact the practice of medicine and the diverse student body.
- Ensure staff have a professional development plan that incorporates and encourages standard methodologies and new programming models for student learning and development.
- Participate in accredited continuing medical education to acquire and maintain the professional knowledge and skills needed to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
- Attend conferences and professional institutes to stay relevant and build a professional network that enhances the potential for innovation at CU Boulder.
- Participate in research and teaching relevant to position and to student development, student health & wellness, and/or student affairs.
What We Require
- MD or DO degree.
- At least one year of supervisory experience.
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Colorado by date of hire.
- Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration.
- Eligibility to obtain medical liability insurance.
- Current BLS certification.
- Board certification in Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics/Adolescent Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Gynecology, or other college health appropriate ABMS-recognized medical specialty.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by February 28, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
More searches like this
- Emergency Medicine Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Boulder
- Family Medicine Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Boulder
- Gynecology Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Boulder
- Internal Medicine Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Boulder
- Obstetrics Full Time Chair/Chief/Medical Director jobs in Boulder