Emergency Medicine Physician
Emergency Medical Associates (EMA), an Envision Physician Services Provider, is seeking Full Time Board Certified/Board Eligible Emergency Medicine physicians to staff the Emergency Department at St. Peter’s Hospital located in Albany, NY.
St. Peter’s Hospital, the flagship hospital and an affiliate of St. Peter’s Health Partners, is the largest Catholic acute care community hospital in northeastern New York state. The hospital, founded in 1869 by the Religious Sisters of Mercy, is a voluntary, not-for-profit community tertiary hospital with 442 beds, more than 900 staff physicians, and nearly 6,000 employees.
U.S. News & World Report has awarded St. Peter’s Hospital the highest ranking in the Capital Region and one of the highest rankings in New York state for excellent quality of care. The eight “high performing” ratings, along with the hospital’s overall rating, led U.S. News & World Report to award St. Peter’s Hospital a “Best Regional Hospital” designation.
Emergency Department Profile
- 56,000 annual volume
- 42 ED beds
- 54 hours daily of Physician coverage
- 48 hours of APP coverage Monday-Friday, 40 hours of APP coverage on the weekends
- Dedicated pharmacists in the ED
- Scribes 24/7
- Meditech EMR moving to EPIC July 2020
- Nationally Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care
- Physician Requirements: BC/BE in Emergency Medicine or BC/BE in FM or IM with significant emergency medicine experience.
Albany is New York’s State capital and the second oldest surviving settlement from the original 13 colonies. Located just 3 hours from NYC, Boston and Montreal. Forbes Magazine lists Albany as one of “America’s Best Places for Business and Careers” in 2018, and U.S. News & World Report ranks Albany as one of its “Best Places to Live” in the nation for 2018. Residents of Albany are able to enjoy diverse cultures and geographic regions.
- Recreational offerings include boating, fishing, skiing, snowboarding, snow-shoeing, hiking and biking
- Close proximity to Baseball Hall of Fame, Adirondacks, Catskill Mountain ranges and Saratoga Springs
- Cultural offerings include museums, art galleries, eclectic restaurants, historic sites, aquatic duck tours, trolley tours, boutiques and more
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
Envision Physician Services is a dynamic physician- and clinician-led medical group that has been offering exceptional career opportunities for more than 60 years. With more than 25,000 affiliated clinicians coast-to-coast, Envision Physician Services is nationally recognized for delivering clinical excellence supported by innovation, integration and exceptional leadership.
Candidates considering becoming a teammate at Envision Physician Services will find full-time, part-time and independent contractor opportunities available in a variety of community types, from rural and underserved communities to major metropolitan areas; practice settings, from small hospitals to academic health systems; and job levels, from entry level to senior management. Envision teammates also benefit from the following resources:
- Strong leadership at local, regional and national levels
- Exceptional quality of practice backed by comprehensive support services
- Optimal care teams with flexible and equitable scheduling options
- A-rated professional liability insurance
- Extensive variety of practice settings coast-to-coast
- Competitive compensation, including several benefit options
- Opportunities for professional development, mentoring and career advancement
- Clinician mental health and well-being support
- Comprehensive education and training on leadership, management and clinical best practices, including a wide variety of CME programs
- Clinical and scientific research opportunities
*Benefits vary by division, clinical specialty and employment status.
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of 25,000 clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 32 million patients a year and support healthcare partners across 45 states and the District of Columbia
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat more than 15 percent of the country's emergency department visits, deliver more than 120,000 babies, conduct more than 10 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.6 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply for Emergency Medicine Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly