Being a physician-led practice is a big part of who we are. Our practice is built by all of us, and everyone is empowered to contribute and make our practice even better. Sound Physicians fosters an environment of engagement, where both individual and team contributions are encouraged and rewarded.
Flaget Memorial Hospital is a 52-bed, non-profit healthcare center located just 30 miles from Louisville, KY, and is a part of the Saint Joseph Health System consisting of 8 facilities throughout central and eastern Kentucky. Flaget Memorial has won numerous awards including the JD Power and Associates Distinguished Hospital Program, fifth-time winner of one of the 100 Top Hospitals in the US in an annual ranking of the nation's 3,000 acute-care general hospitals, and is also a 2018 winner of Best place in Kentucky to work.
- Established team of 4 physicians and 2 advanced practitioners
- Subspecialty back up: General surgery, ortho, cardio, and anesthesia
- Open ICU-4 beds (all trauma sent to Louisville)
- Required procedures: central lines, intubations, and vent management (additional training available if needed)
- Hospitalist attend codes on own patients
- No call environment
Our talented clinicians are the key to fulfilling our mission. We focus on optimizing the practice environment so our clinicians can feel really proud of the care they give. This is the key to engagement. We optimize workloads effectively, reducing inefficiencies, and consistently exceeding expectations through service excellence to our clinicians.
- Access to our proprietary learning platform, SoundInstitute, for continuing education, and professional development with convenient online and in-person educational courses, including CME
- Secure your future via Sound Physicians Path to Partnership track + attain incentive-based rewards based on performance
Bardstown, a haven for the historian and traveler, is in the heart of Nelson County, located 30 miles South of Louisville. With its small friendly community and a population of just over 14,000, anyone can visit its many attractions within just a short walk of downtown. Located in the heart of the Bluegrass State, Bardstown offers the ultimate getaway with an atmosphere that seems to be magical, one can easily understand why Rand McNally and USA Today declared Bardstown top 100 Most Beautiful Small Town in America.
Bardstown also boasts the title of "Bourbon Capital of the World." There are two bourbon distilleries in town Heaven Hill and Barton Brands. Several other distilleries are within a short drive. The well-known Maker's Mark distillery is nestled in the hills and valleys of Loretto, just outside town. The world-famous Jim Beam distillery is also very near and is a must-see for visitors to the Bardstown area.
Apply for Hospitalist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly