Critical Care Physician
Atlantic Health System is currently seeking a Critical Care Physician to join the team at Chilton Medical Center in Pompton Plains, NJ.
Chilton Medical Center is a newly renovated, 260-bed, fully accredited acute care hospital with 653 physicians representing 60 medical specialties. Located approximately 25 miles from NYC-Manhattan, Chilton serves more than 160,000 patients annually across 33 communities in Northern New Jersey.
We have a 12 bed ICU unit and the need is for a Full time physician to cover 12 of shifts a month. Call is by phone only and limited to the number of shifts covered. The team will have 2 Full Time nad 2 Per Diem Critical Care Physicians
Physician of Critical Care Services at Chilton Medical Center
- On-site rounding for all intensive care unit patients in collaboration with adult intensive care unit. Physician shall provide the local coordination of care, allowing for application for safety certification by primary care providers, hospitalists, or private critical care physicians.
- Provide critical care services according to the rules, standards, requirements and recommendations of the Joint Commission, NJ DOH and Senior Services and other applicable regulatory agencies, the hospital s and medical staff s bylaws and rules and regulations, hospital policies and procedures, and current standards of medical practice. All applicable provisions of law relating to the licensing and regulation of physicians shall be fully complied with.
- Ensures that all policies and procedures are supported by evidence and abide by policies as outlined
- Performs critical care services required at the hospital regardless of the patients form of insurance or ability to pay including follow up visits in the physician s office as required to treat, or to complete treatment of the specific medical condition for which specialty care services were initially requested.
- Participate in quality improvement and utilization review services.
- Participate in and comply with any hospital activities and policies regarding length of stay or other utilization management plans.
- Shall participate in and cooperate with the hospital during any sentinel event investigations, EMTALA compliance assessments, or other compliance activities.
- Initiate and or participate in clinical research and system-wide research efforts as mutually agreed
- Work collaboratively with Transitions of Care program, and support implementation of targeted care pathways at nursing homes, the ACO and with Atlantic Home Care.
- Integrate patient goals of care into IP care.
Board certification or Board eligible in Critical Care and Surgery and/or Pulmonary Disease
Experience of 2 + years of working as a critical care physician needed for this opportunity
Apply for Critical Care Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly