Trauma Surgeon Opportunity in the Northeast
Full time Opening at Portsmouth Regional Hospital!
- 209-bed Acute Care Facility
- Level II ACS verified trauma center
- 12hr primary in-house coverage, plus 12hr secondary call from home with 30 min response (rarely called in)
- Robust regional referral opportunities
- Busy Emergency General Surgery component
- 14-bed ICU (and growing) *excellent support
- Services include Orthopedics, Interventional Radiology, Neurosurgery, Hybrid OR, Cardiac Surgery & more.
- Approximately 1,000 trauma admissions per year (higher volumes in the summer) Mainly blunt traumas with 3% penetrating
Trauma Surgeon Criteria:
- Board Certified Surgery with Trauma/Surgical Critical Care Fellowship Preferred
- ATLS Required
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a New Hampshire Trauma Medical Review Committee (TMRC) designated Level II trauma center. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only level II trauma center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. It serves the residents of Maine, Massachusetts and New Hampshire.COMMUNITY INFORMATION
- Featured on Travel Channel:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdCBQKKwFsw
- NO STATE INCOME TAX
- Settled in 1623, Portsmouth New Hampshire claims to be the nation's third-oldest city, and it served as a focal point of ship building and commerce on the Eastern seaboard until the late 1800s.
- With a population of roughly 20,000 people, Portsmouth is large enough to provide a tremendous amount of experiences and activities but small enough that one never feels like they are living in an urban setting.
- Permanent positions with equitable scheduling model and unique work/rest model
- Paid Malpractice and no attributed overhead expenses
- Employment model with full benefits; including, health and 401K with employer match
- $5,000 CME Allowance
- Competitive Income Potential Comprehensive back-end support services including recruitment, credentialing, renewals, billing, follow-up clinic support and more
Envision Physician Services is a leading national medical group, delivering care when and where it's needed most. Our team of 25,000 clinicians specializes in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, hospital medicine, radiology, surgery and women's and children's care. Together, we care for more than 32 million patients a year and support healthcare partners across 45 states and the District of Columbia
As a part of Envision Healthcare, we are making a meaningful difference in patients' lives and driving innovations that improve the delivery of care and the health of communities in every corner of America. We treat more than 15 percent of the country's emergency department visits, deliver more than 120,000 babies, conduct more than 10 million radiology reads and provide more than 2.6 million anesthesia cases each year.
We are focused on protecting and empowering clinicians so they can focus on what matters most – caring for patients. We do this by providing mental health and well-being resources, administrative support, clinical best practices, clinical research opportunities, leadership coaching and more. Our unique structure enables us to develop local practices that support clinicians with regionally-based clinical leaders and operational expertise from our expansive nationwide network.
Each Envision partner facility or health system has its own unique culture, but all of our sites recruit and hire clinicians who share the group's core values of being patient-focused, team-oriented and caregiver-inspired.
Envision Physician Services values the diverse perspectives and experiences of our teams. We recognize that through our collective expertise, we can improve the delivery of care for patients and clinicians. Learn more about our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion here and how we are supporting clinician wellness here. We are proud to be an EOE/AA employer.
Apply for Trauma Surgeon Opportunity in the Northeast
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly