Samaritan Health Services (OR), a non-profit integrated health care delivery system has an opportunity for a Neurosurgeon.
Samaritan Health Services is seeking a Neurosurgeon to join our team in Corvallis, Oregon. Based at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, a level 2 trauma center, Samaritan Neurosurgery provides advanced care for treatment of brain, spine and peripheral nerve injuries and disease.
Our award-winning health system provides exceptional primary care and a range of specialty services throughout the mid-Willamette Valley and Central Oregon coast. The network serves approximately 300,000 residents in Linn, Benton, Lincoln and portions of Polk and Marion counties. Our skilled providers have a passion for building healthier communities through world-class, compassionate health care.
- Seeking a skilled neurosurgeon with complex spine surgical expertise to be part of a collaborative clinical practice specializing in spine/cervical/cranial/tumor.
- Established team of 3 Neurosurgeons, 2 Ortho-Spine Surgeons, and 2 Physician Assistants.
- Call is 1:4 approximately 7-9 days a month
- Three clinic days and one OR day- could change to two clinic days and two OR days. We have a mix of elective and trauma patients. The most frequent cases are lumbar laminectomy for stenosis, laminectomy for disc, anterior cervical discectomy and fusion. Instrumented correction of spinal deformity, and then craniotomy for hematoma, craniotomy for tumor and shunt placement.
- Approximately 70% spine surgery, 30% cranial surgery
- Board certified in Neurosurgery; five years experience preferred
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- Strong clinical and interpersonal skills and involvement in process improvement work are required.
- We offer an attractive salary plus incentives, relocation assistance, possible loan repayment, paid malpractice, CME days plus allowance, Electronic Medical Record (EPIC) and a competitive benefit package.
Nestled in the heart of the Willamette Valley, Corvallis is an ideal location to work, live and raise a family.
Within easy driving distance of mountains, rivers and the famed Oregon Coast, opportunities abound for outdoor enthusiasts such as camping, hiking, mountain biking, kayaking and skiing. As an added bonus, Oregon's two largest cities and cultural centers - Portland and Eugene - are close by.
Meanwhile, the tree lined city of about 55,000 residents has earned the reputation as one of the best cities in the nation to call home - though many who live here wish that distinction did not attract so much publicity!
Apply for Neurosurgeon
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly