TRAUMA SURGEON: Beautiful Weather & Mountain Views with Leading Level 1 Trauma Center in Southern AZ
The Division of Trauma, Critical Care, Burn and Emergency Surgery at the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Group are actively seeking a Trauma Surgeon to provide a full range of acute care services at its Tucson locations. Under the leadership of Dr. Bellal Joseph, Division Chief of Trauma and Martin Gluck Endowed Chair, the division is a dynamic environment offering comprehensive and multi-disciplinary surgical and medical care for our patients, and our staff of seven Surgeons strives to provide the best in patient care, resident and medical student education and training, together with extensive community and academic endeavors.
The Division is seeking an individual who is able to work with diverse students, trainees, and colleagues. The qualified candidate will be Board Certified/Board Eligible in General Surgery with fellowship training in Surgical Critical Care.
- Fellowship training in Acute Care Surgery/Trauma preferred
- Evidence of clinical and didactic teaching ability
- Qualified candidate should have a history of publications and be an active member of professional societies
- Participate in Emergency and Trauma surgery call concurrently
- Provide coverage in the surgical ICU at least one week per month
- Provide back up call coverage as needed
- Elective surgery optional, but encouraged
- Established expertise in working with diverse patient populations.
- ATLS Instructor qualifications and teaching background required
The candidate selected will have the opportunity to develop a full-time clinical practice, educate residents and medical students, and is encouraged to participate in clinical and/or basic science research. The candidate’s faculty appointment will be commensurate with experience and credentials.
Banner Health and the University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner University Medicine, a health system that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this partnership is academic medicine - research, teaching, and patient care. As a physician-led system focused on the well-being of our patients and our providers, Banner Health offers excellent compensation including attractive salary, relocation assistance, fully paid malpractice, paid CME plus allowance, and excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family.
Tucson is a bustling, vibrant community nestled in the blooming Sonoran Desert. Vibrant culture, entertainment, thriving food scene, and attractive cost of living to live, work, and play with 350+ Days of Year-Round Sunshine!
- The Outdoors Await! Golf, hiking, cycling, horseback riding, swimming, tanning, and nearby winter skiing.
- A Unique Historical Heritage: Immerse in our city's culture via art galleries, museums, architectural presidios, and missions
- Tantalizing Culinary Adventures: Explore vibrant palettes in the top gastronomy city and fresh fusions on traditional food
We offer a generous salary and benefits. Interested candidates may email their CV to Linda Montano at email@example.com or register and apply directly at https://practicewithus.bannerhealth.com
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.