The Division of Trauma, Critical Care, Burn and Emergency Surgery at the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Group are actively seeking a Trauma Surgeon to provide a full range of surgical services at its Tucson Campus locations.
Under the leadership of Dr. Bellal Joseph, Division Chief of Trauma and Martin Gluck Endowed Chair, the division is a dynamic environment offering comprehensive and multi-disciplinary surgical and medical care for our patients, and our staff of seven Surgeons strive to provide the best in patient care, resident and medical student education and training, together with extensive community and academic endeavors.
The Division is seeking an individual who is able to work with diverse students, trainees and colleagues. The qualified candidate will be Board Certified/Board Eligible in General Surgery with fellowship training in Surgical Critical Care.
- Fellowship training in Acute Care Surgery/Trauma preferred
- Evidence of clinical and didactic teaching ability
- Qualified candidate should have a history of publications and be an active member of professional societies
- Participate in Emergency and Trauma surgery call concurrently
- Provide coverage in the surgical ICU at least one week per month
- Provide back up call coverage as needed
- Elective surgery optional, but encouraged
- Established expertise in working with diverse patient populations.
- ATLS Instructor qualifications and teaching background required
The candidate selected will have the opportunity to develop a fulltime clinical practice, educate residents and medical students and be encouraged to participate in clinical and/or basic science research and will have a faculty appointment consistent with their credentials
We offer a generous salary and benefits. Please submit your letter of interest and CV for immediate consideration
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - Tucson
1625 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician-Trauma Surgery
Apply for Physician-Trauma Surgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly