The Nebraska-Western Iowa VA Health Care System is currently seeking a full time, permanent, Cardiologist. This position is located at the Omaha, NE VA.
- The successful candidate must be skilled at test interpretation, selected diagnostic procedures, patient counseling, differential diagnosis and medical and interventional therapeutics in the broad range of cardiovascular disorders, with an emphasis on advanced management of heart failure with reduced or preserved ejection fraction.
- The successful candidate should have skills in interpretation of transthoracic echocardiography, transesophageal echocardiography, dobutamine stress echocardiology, electrocardiography, and stress electrocardiography.
- The successful candidate must have experience in recognition and plan of care management for the derangements of the cardiovascular system in patients with normal and disordered function of the other organ systems.
- The successful candidate is assigned as a clinician-educator to the Cardiology Section.
- The successful candidate preferred to have outstanding teaching skills, including experience with education of medical students, residents and cardiology fellows.
- The successful candidate preferred to have a history of publication in peer-reviewed cardiology journals.
- Teaching will be conducted at the bedside, the cardiac catheterization lab and in clinics, with learners at all levels.
- The physician will spend the majority of time in both direct patient care and the supervision of medical residents and cardiology fellows in both inpatient and outpatient settings.
- This is a joint appointment with an academic affiliate.
- The successful candidate must be eligible for appointment to the faculty of the Creighton University School of Medicine and serve as a clinician-educator in the Cardiology Division of Creighton University and related cardiology academic programs.
- The successful candidate will hold current certification from the American Board of Internal Medicine in Cardiology.