PM&R opportunity at the Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) in B...
PM&R opportunity at the Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) in Bedford, MA
You are invited to consider applying for the position of physiatrist, providing professional clinical services to Veterans referred to Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Service and Pain Clinics. In this role, you provide support to the Medical Center on various aspects of assessment and management of care for multiple diagnoses related to the specialty of physical medicine and pain medicine. Your practice will be mostly Outpatient with some Inpatient work in the short-term rehab unit.
Your primary duties will include:
- Providing recommendations and working with interdisciplinary team to coordinate care to provide optimal functioning, level of pain, and quality of life
- Providing rehabilitation and primary care consultations on complex cases
- Providing rehabilitation based interventional procedures (e.g. joint, muscle, ultrasound guided injections) and electromyography
- Providing medical evaluations for CARF accredited intensive outpatient chronic pain rehabilitation program
- Participating as Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation member on the interdisciplinary pain management team for face to face consultation and electronic chart reviews of high-risk complex cases
- Advocating for veterans’ access to care with functional limitations, hearing/speech limitations and participation restrictions
- Ensuring consults are performed in a timely manner
- Overseeing and collaborating to ensure direct patient care programs are necessary and appropriate
- Contributing to multi-center rehabilitation research and quality improvement projects
- Training medical residents on general Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and chronic pain management
Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Hospital is a state-of-the-art medical center that provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services. Academic Affiliations Include Boston University School of Medicine, Harvard Medical School Geriatric Fellowship Program, Lahey Clinic Internal Medicine/Geriatrics Program, Boston University School of Dental, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, University of Massachusetts Nursing Program.
The hospital campus is situated on a beautiful wooded campus and adjacent to a golf course. Bedford is located in the cradle of the nation, with Concord, Lexington, and Boston close by.
Interested or know someone that may be interested? Contact: Kenneth.email@example.com
Working for the Department of Veteran Affairs offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part:
- 49 days paid time off annually including; 26 days paid vacation, 13 days of sick leave, 10 paid holidays and 5 Days paid absence to attend approved CME courses (subject to budget availability)
- on average federal government pays 75% of your premium on your health care insurance
- possible annual performance bonus of 7.5% up to a max $15,000 annually
- VA contributes 9.6% of your salary toward federal retirement
- No malpractice insurance as you are covered by the federal tort law
- up to 5% matching funds on your 401(k)
Health and Retirement: https://www.opm.gov/healthcare-insurance
About the VA
Department of Veterans Affairs offers Veterans the largest, most technologically advanced integrated health care system in the United States. We operate more than 1,400 sites of care, including 153 medical centers, 909 ambulatory and community-based outpatient clinics, 135 nursing homes, 232 Veterans centers, 47 readjustment counseling centers, and 108 comprehensive home-care programs, across all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories.
If interested in learning more information about this position please email an updated CV to:
Apply for PM&R opportunity at the Edith Nourse Rogers Memorial Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) in B...
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly