Assistant Professor in the department of OBGYN will devote full-time attention and efforts to fulfilling at the highest levels of professional competence the ethical, educational, and academic duties and responsibilities of the appointment as may be assigned to you by the Chair of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology. You will be expected to participate fully and with distinction in both undergraduate and graduate medical education, and to carry out your share of advising duties and committee assignments. Your primary responsibilities, representing approximately 90% of your effort will be to provide clinical services in your specialty of obstetrics and gynecology at ProMedica Toledo Hospital. Along with your clinical duties, it is expected that you will actively participate in the training program for medical students and residents and engage in research and scholarship.
Other teaching responsibilities include:
- Attendance at monthly Grand Rounds presentations
- Presenter at Grand Rounds (1 or more times annually)
- Case Based Learning lectures to medical students
- Attendance and participation at didactic sessions
- Attendance at monthly faculty meetings
- Full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state of Ohio
- Membership and in good standing on the medical staff of the University of Toledo Medical Center and affiliated hospitals, with clinical privileges in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, in accordance with the Medical Staff bylaws, rules and regulations and applicable policies.
- Eligibility as a certified provider in the Medicare, Medicaid and other federal and state health care programs; and
- Insurability in the professional liability policy of the practice plan.
- Active candidacy or diplomate status with the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Successful completion of a 4-year accredited OBGYN residency with suitability for performance of general OBGYN inpatient and outpatient clinical duties.
Visit our booth March 18th at the ACOG Virtual Career Fair to speak directly to our current faculty about this position
Apply for Assistant Professor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly