Pediatric Endocrinology Faculty Opportunity
On behalf of Dr. Marlene Miller, Pediatrician-in-Chief for University Hospitals and Chair of the Department of Pediatrics at University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital (UH/RBC), CareerPhysician, LLC, the national leader in pediatric and physician executive search, has initiated a national search for faculty candidates to practice in the Division of Pediatric Endocrinology (#21 ranked program in the country by the US News and World Report). The organizations are seeking a board-certified Pediatric Endocrinologist to complement the clinical and scholarly activities of the Division. This is a full-time position including attending clinical responsibilities, participation in medical student and Pediatric resident education, and contributions to administrative responsibilities.
- Leadership provided by Division Chief, Dr. Rose Gubitosi-Klug, a physician-scientist in the field of diabetes research, including clinical research in multicenter studies as PI of the Clinical Coordinating Center the landmark Epidemiology of Diabetes Interventions and Complications Study (EDIC) and Vice Chair of the Treatment Options for Type 2 Diabetes in Youth Study (TODAY); public health research in the Ohio Collaborative to improve diabetes management; and basic science research into the pathophysiology of diabetic retinopathy.
- Leader in pediatric endocrinology clinical care in Northeast Ohio with a team of 9 faculty members supported by 6 RN/CDEs, 2 endocrine nurses, 3 research nurses, 2 research project managers, 2 dieticians, 2 social workers, 4 administrative assistants, and office manager.
- Leading provider of Pediatric Diabetes Services in the region under the leadership of Dr. Jamie Wood, Medical Director of Pediatric Diabetes, and Assistant Director, Dr. Sarah Macleish, site investigators for ground-breaking studies of advancements in diabetes technology and therapeutics.
- Division research totals over $5 million dollars annually, including participation in multicenter NIH research studies such as DCCT/EDIC, TODAY, and TrialNet; national registries including the T1DExchange; and pharmaceutical company-sponsored research in hybrid closed loop systems, novel therapeutics for youth-onset T2D, and immunotherapy for prevention of T1D.
- Only fellowship training program in Northeast Ohio with average of 2 fellows per year.
- Key opportunities, but not limited to, further development of consultation services with regional UH hospitals and affiliates, oversight of endocrine outpatient clinical operations, or expansion of the Division’s NIH or pharmaceutical research portfolio.
- Qualified MD/DO or MD/DO/PhD candidates must be Board Certified in Pediatric Endocrinology and possess excellent procedural and clinical skills.
- Academic rank commensurate with qualifications in accordance with the Department of Pediatrics and Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine Guidelines for Appointments.
- UH/RBC is a 244-bed renowned children’s hospital and a principal referral center for Ohio and the region.
- The Department of Pediatrics is structured into 16-academic divisions, consisting of more than 160-faculty members, and a number of clinical multidisciplinary programs, representing the full disciplinary diversity of pediatric medicine today.
For more details, please contact Marcel Barbey, Vice President, CareerPhysician, LLC, at 817-707-9034 or via email: Marcel@CareerPhysician.com. All interactions will remain confidential and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant. University Hospitals is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/D/V.
Apply for Pediatric Endocrinology Faculty Opportunity
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly