Associate Medical Director
Senior Care Physicians of Illinois
Revision Date: January 13, 2021
Work Hrs: 8:00am- 5:00pm (Mon-Fri)
Contact Name: Elliot Kroger, MD
Overview of Senior Care of Illinois
Senior Care Physicians currently has 3 employees: Two doctors and one nurse practitioner. We operate in partnership with Senior Care Development, LLC. and are located in Lincolnshire Illinois.
Sedgebrook Retirement Community is a continuing care retirement facility providing all levels of care for the geriatric population from independent living to long term care and everything in between all on one campus. Sedgebrook is unique in that for the full 15 years that it has been in operation, there has been a fully staffed medical office on site with 2 board certified physicians at all times only serving the needs of the residents who live at Sedgebrook. The office is open 5 days a week, from Monday-Friday, with no evening or weekend hours. Patients are scheduled for 30 minutes for a routine visit and 60 minutes for a general physical exam. Additional services on site include full time social workers, physical, occupational and speech therapy exclusively for the use of residents, psychological services, audiological and podiatric services and a 24/7 security team all of whom are either EMT trained or paramedics.
The adjacent skilled nursing facility, known as the Radford Green Health Center, is on the campus and has a 5-star Medicare rating with a caring and competent staff with excellent nursing and CNA to patient ratios.
- Abide by Employer and Health Center policies pertaining to the general management of the practice as delineated and directed by the Health Center's Executive Director.
- Attend patients in medical office, nursing home and assisted living centers.
- When assigned a new nursing home resident, evaluate patient within 48 hours of admission.
- Provide on-call coverage per the call schedule as agreed to by Employer and Health Center's Executive Director. When on-call, (a) attempt to respond to all pages within 15 minutes.
- Actively participate in care management teams as requested. Participate in the establishment of clinical protocols for the treatment of patients/residents.
- Order and evaluate appropriate diagnostic tests, consultations and other referrals as needed.
- Coordinate care with outside physicians, rehab providers, other facilities, as necessary.
- Participate in activities to promote the growth of the practice.
- Communicate with patients, their families and other providers to ensure high quality care, including discussions on end-of-life issues.
- Participate in quality assurance, peer review and other administrative activities.
- Document services provided in medical chart and for billing purposes.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with other physicians, nurses, medical assistants, administrative personnel and managers at the Health Center.
- Participate in community outreach and marketing activities related to the Health Center; and
- Such other services as may be reasonably requested by Employer and Health Center.
Associate Director responsibilities:
- Administrative responsibilities including participation in a multidisciplinary management team for both the outpatient and Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) setting.
- Participation with the Executive Team that administers the facility.
- Participation in quality assurance and peer review.
- Supervise and direct midlevel provider(s) at Sedgebrook Retirement Community.
- Patient education.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities:
- Must have Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree or a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) degree.
- Have completed a certified residency in Internal Medicine or Family Practice.
- Must have a valid Medical and Controlled Substance License in Illinois.
- Must be certificated by The American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) or American Board of Family Practice.
- Must have good standing participation in the Medicare and Illinois Medicaid programs.
- Excellent communicator who can empathize with patients.
- Outstanding analytical skills.
This is an Associate Director position with full benefits and competitive compensation which includes: Paid vacation, CME fund, 401K, health, dental, life and disability insurance.
The working hours are flexible.
Apply for Associate Medical Director
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly