Unique FAMILY MEDICINE Opportunity to Collaborate in a Behavioral Medicine Setting
At the end of the day, this is where you want to be.
BANNER HEALTH, one of the country's premier, non-profit health care organizations is currently offering an excellent and unique employed opportunity for a Family Medicine Physician. The role is a full-time clinical position taking care of the medical needs of patients admitted to Banner Behavioral Health Hospital (BBHH), a free-standing psychiatry hospital licensed for 156-beds (currently staffed for 128 patients). The hospital services patients age 12 and up.
The qualified physician will provide general medical care, collaborating with psychiatrists, and providing oversight for the Advanced Practice Providers. This is an exceptional opportunity for experienced physicians or new grads.
- Experience working with behavioral patients preferred, but not necessary.
- BC/BE Family Medicine
- Valid AZ license or eligibility to receive
- Desire to work collaboratively in a team setting
- Compassionate patient care
- Flexible schedule, shifts shared with APP staff
- See new patients for evaluations and medical co-morbidity management
- Provide medical consults for established patients, primarily managing chronic medical conditions
- High acuity, inpatient needs are transferred to another hospital
- All work requires substantial collaboration with psychiatry teams and nursing staff
- Oversight of 2 NPs and 1 PA
- Provide clinical direction to the team to shape strong quality of care
Banner Behavioral Health Hospital (BBHH) - Scottsdale, is a 156-bed, free-standing acute psychiatric hospital treating adolescents and adults, offering inpatient/residential treatment as well as Somatic Therapy (ECT). BBHH has provided a nationally recognized, behavioral health care program for children, teens and adults faced with psychiatric, behavioral health or chemical dependency challenges since 1980. We are dedicated to providing safe, confidential and compassionate treatment. Our professionals offer customized treatment plans to meet each patient's needs in the least restrictive therapeutic environment and can help patients with co-existing psychiatric and substance-abuse problems.
Banner Health supports its physicians and APPs with dedicated resources to encourage well-being and development. Banner Health offers a competitive salary plus incentives, relocation assistance, paid malpractice and CME w/allowance plus excellent benefit package options that provide security for you and your family.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner Health recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. Banner Health is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.