MedStar Washington Hospital Center Intensivist Opportunities
MedStar Medical Group offers a uniquely rewarding career in a major marketplace. Shape your future in health care in the kind of setting that s right for you and your practice. Become part of an organization that welcomes your experience, input and leadership as a clinician and healthcare expert.
MedStar Washington Hospital Center is seeking board eligible or certified Intensivists to join our Critical Care teams managing a ICU patients in a variety of critical care specialty units including Cardiac medical and surgical, Neurosurgical/Stroke, Medical, Trauma and General Surgical Critical care. Physicians lead teams of Advanced Practice Providers (70+ in the departments), house staff and fellows, as well as nursing, respiratory therapy and other interdisciplinary team members. Standard shift expectations for fulltime providers include 14 shifts per month including 4 nights (one weekend) and 3.5 weekend shifts per month.
Clinical responsibilities include multidisciplinary rounding within our intensive care units, triage, new patient admissions, and standard critical care procedures. During non-clinical weeks, providers are encouraged to participate in departmental activities. MedStar Health offers considerable opportunities in research and leadership development.
- Base salary plus incentive compensation (Years of experience taken into consideration)
- Clinical shift expectation incorporates PTO
- Annual CME allowance
- Medical license reimbursement
- Medical, dental, prescription and vision coverage option for physician and dependents
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Academic appointment to Georgetown University School of Medicine
Education Training and Experience Required
- Must be board certified/eligible in critical care medicine (Experience in neurocritical care, trauma, surgical critical care, cardiovascular critical care and/or medical critical care helpful)
- Commitment to clinical excellence is mandatory
- Broad cognitive and technical skills in the critical care setting is required
- Ability to communicate well with the medical team and family
- Interested candidates should send a copy of their curriculum vitae and a brief letter outlining their interests.
Apply for MedStar Washington Hospital Center Intensivist Opportunities
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly