Cahaba Medical Care Foundation
Reports to: CEO, CMO
We currently have two positions available. One in Birmingham, Alabama and one in Centreville Alabama.
WANT TO BE PART OF SOMETHING BIG?
Join a growing FM-OB & ObGyn practice in Birmingham, Alabama where service to our patients is a calling and our dedication to each other is steadfast.
You will find...
- Supportive physician-lead community health center (FQHC) with a missional focus
- Awesome place to practice to the fullest extent of your training with great support from wonderful colleagues
- Excellent ultrasound support (new equipment for both POCUS as well as Formal Scans; and great US technicians!)
- Great hospitals - recently renovated L&D, surgical suites, postpartum floor
- Baptist Princeton was recently named to Newsweek’s Top Maternity Care Hospitals of 2020, and also has a Level III nursery as well as 4 DaVinci robots
- In-house anesthesia
- 12-12-12 Family Medicine and FM-OB Fellowship, as well as medical student teaching
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Treats a mixed patient population, across gender, age and ethnicity, as well as insured and uninsured patients.
- Interviews and examines patient to determine health history and general physical condition. Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines.
- Orders or executes various tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
- Analyzes reports and findings from lab work and imaging ordered by providers
- Diagnoses conditions as appropriate
- Prescribes or recommends drugs or other forms of treatment such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related therapeutic procedures.
- Orders vaccinations for patients as appropriate
- Performs minor surgery.
- Refers patients to medical specialist or other practitioner for specialized treatment.
- Educates patients on a variety of health topics as appropriate during patient encounters
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of all patient encounters including phone encounters
- Completes Electronic Superbills on a daily basis that includes accurate ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Reports births, deaths, and outbreak of contagious diseases to governmental authorities.
- Participates in provider staff meetings to develop problem-solving techniques, and acquire team-building skills.
- Participates in peer reviews.
- Participate in Quality Improvement.
- Participates in patient care in BMC and BMC NH and other facilities as scheduled by the Residency.
- Represent CMCF at conferences, meetings, and continuing education programs
- Performs other duties as assigned or as needed.
- Administrative and Supervisory responsibility:
- Will perform clinical and/or other organizational related services as directed by the Medical Director. Teach and mentor medical students and junior residents as assigned by the PD. Serves as a resource to mid-level providers in clinic.
- Consistently act with integrity and honesty.
- Function as an effective team member.
- Effectively manage conflict.
- Develop life-long learning skills.
- Attend all required educational conferences and participate in the planning of in-house workshops/conferences
- Provide data on their educational experience to their program director including program logs of procedures, inpatients, deliveries, etc.
- Provide evaluations of their teachers and service rotations.
- Interest in working with a rural, underserved population highly desired.
- Must be able to secure credentialing through Bibb Medical Center and DCH Regional Medical Center
- Must meet the requirements of the Alabama Board of Medical Examiners
- Must obtain DEA registration to prescribe controlled substances
- Must have passing scores for USMLE (or COMLEX) Steps 1, 2CK, and 2CS
Apply for OBGYN
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly