Nutrition Physician – Pittsburgh, PA
The Allegheny Health Network (AHN) is recruiting a full time Physician Nutrition Specialist to join our team located in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Oversee and participate in the nutrition care of adult patients requiring hospitalization and at-home
- Manage the nutritional needs of hospitalized complex patients including critical care, transplant, vascular surgery, medical and surgical oncology, gastroenterology and select internal medicine services in a quaternary hospital
- Direct and oversee the care of patients receiving Home Parenteral and Home Enteral nutrition
- Provide consultation and management services to patients with a variety of nutritional issues in an out-patient setting
- Collaborate with other physicians and other medical personnel in the management of patients with complex gastrointestinal problems such as celiac disease, inflammatory bowel disease (IBD), pancreatitis and intestinal failure
- Participate, collaborate or initiate research or quality improvement projects.
- Serve as the attending physician for Fellows (GI, Endocrine, Renal) rotating thru the Nutrition Medicine rotations.
- Participate in nutrition education of fellows, residents, nurses, pharmacists, registered dietitians and medical students
- Participate in a multidisciplinary obesity evaluation and treatment program if desired
- Report to the Chief, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition
- Experience preferred, not required
- Board Eligible or Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Surgery or any of its subspecialty (Gastroenterology, Renal, Endocrinology)
- Completion of at least 1 year of Clinical Nutrition fellowship in an accredited program.
- Pennsylvania License prior to start
AHN Proudly Offers
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Benefits
- Generous PTO Plan
- Additional benefits include, but not limited to: EAP, Employee Discounts, and Gym Discounts
Nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care, Allegheny Health Network is one of the largest healthcare systems serving Western, PA – nine diverse hospitals, 247 health care facilities and growing!
Pittsburgh is a vibrant and exciting city, offering diverse culture, world-class arts and music, prestigious colleges and universities, proximity to state and local recreational parks, and a nationally recognized culinary scene. Pittsburgh’s beautiful landscape, rivers and bridges and affordable cost of living make it an attractive option for both individuals and families.
Email your CV and direct inquiries to:
Sulynn Lopez| Physician Recruiter | Sulynn.Lopez2@ahn.org
Apply for Nutrition Physican
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly