VP - Talent Management
Job Posting Title
VP - Talent Management
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the CHRO, the VP of Talent Management will have system responsibility for the integrated functions of learning & development, performance and competency management, succession planning, team member experience and organizational effectiveness. In partnership with senior leadership, HR leaders, and other system leaders, this position will ensure that talent processes and practices are innovative and contemporized, incorporate principles of change leadership and management; integrate diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) concepts; and align with the Ministry's talent philosophy and system priorities. The position will lead teams in assessing, designing, implementing, measuring, and evaluating organizational and leadership development strategies, talent management, and experience strategies to empower optimal system performance and effectiveness.
- Demonstrates knowledge of best HR/OD practices and promising, futuristic and innovative learning and organization behavioral trends.
- Exhibits effective and appropriate communication, consultative, and coaching skills through excellent relationship building and business partnering with key stakeholders at all levels across the Ministry.
- Effectively collaborates with internal/external business owners and/or partners to identify business goals and performance gaps.
- Evidences digital fluency via mastery of virtual environments, effective instructional design, and content delivery within a variety of learning platforms and systems.
- Displays analytic acumen by which disparate data/data sets are translated into meaningful insights upon which critical decision-making can be reliably based.
- Ensures diversity, equity and inclusion concepts and principles are integrated into the leadership culture and fabric of the Ministry and its teams via learning, organizational development and performance, and experience strategies.
- Leads high-performing, cross-functional, diverse teams in developing a portfolio of enterprise-wide solutions in conjunction with the Ministry's current and future talent needs.
- Exhibits agility and adaptability in ambiguous situations, assumes calculated risk-taking, and leads forward despite environmental uncertainty.
- Demonstrates proven success in delivering business-impacting outcomes and results from learning, development, performance, and experience strategies, initiatives, programs, and/or efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree or equivalent years of experience and education
- Ten years' experience, with five years' in leadership
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing