Urgent Care Physician
Geisinger is currently seeing Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Internal Medicine - Pediatrics trained physicians for our new Convenient Care + program.
Geisinger's new Convenient Care + program is an alternative to the Emergency Department when prompt intervention is needed to treat worsening illness or exacerbation of a chronic condition. Acute care services above and beyond what is traditionally found in outpatient urgent care centers is available for the convenience of both providers and patients.
This new model of care serves to increase efficiency and access to care, all while maintaining the highest quality. Geisinger Convenient Care + is staffed by well-trained physicians and nurses, who can perform diagnostics, including laboratory and imaging studies, as well as treatments such as:
- Nebulizer therapy
- Diuresis (intravenous)
- Hydration (intravenous)
- Intravenous or oral steroids
- Corrections of electrolyte abnormalities such as hyponatremia or hyperkalemia
- Intravenous antibiotic treatment for conditions like cellulitis, simple pneumonia or infection
- Antihistamine treatment for patients with allergic reaction without airway concern
- Rate control for patients with known atrial fibrillation (AFib)
- Hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia treatments
- Headache/migraine treatment for known migraine patients?
- Board certification in Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine or Internal Medicine - Pediatrics.
- Family Medicine, Internal Medicine and Internal Medicine-Pediatric candidates must have urgent care experience.
- Active Pennsylvania medical license.
Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s):
Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
Patient Care And Procedural Skills, Professionalism, Systems-Based Practice
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
- KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
- EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
- LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
- INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
- SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners. Perhaps just as important, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
*Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
To apply, please contact Miranda Grace at MLGRACE@geisinger.edu
Apply for Urgent Care Physician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly