Duties include but are not limited too:
· The Urologist will provide urologic care to the spinal cord injury and female population including admissions, work-up, diagnosis, consultation, and prescribing or ordering medications.
· The Urologist will provide operative and non-operative care in Urology patients to diagnose, correct, treat or rehabilitate conditions, illnesses, and injuries of the genitourinary tract to include adrenal glands, kidneys, ureters, bladder, prostate, testicles, and external genitalia.
· The Urologist should be qualified to approach the kidneys through the chest, flank, or peritoneal cavity.
· Must be able to quality for and accept the responsibility of being a UT faculty member, must participate in our global call schedule, must be able to work with and supervise residents
· Responsible for involving family member or members/guardians in the patients' care, taking after duty hours (weekdays, weekends, and holidays) call, perform invasive procedures; such as, TRUS PNBX's without sedation, cystoscopies (with intra-urethral topical anesthetic), vasectomies, circumcisions, infrared coagulation and/excision of genital lesions, urethral meatotomies, and dorsal slits (with local anesthetic), and assume total responsibility for all perioperative care for his or her patients.
Procedures performed are included but not limited too:
Appendectomy(incidental),exploratory laparotomy, excision/drainage of retroperitoneal tumor/cyst, ESWL, Diverticulectomy, Herniorrhaphy, Hydrocelectomy, Hysterectomy/oophorectomy in conjunction with pelvic exenteration, treatment of female incontinence, laser ablation of prostate, lymphadenectomy, percutaneous nephrostomy placement and nephrostolithotomy, insertion of penile prosthesis, urinary diversion including bowel substitution for conduit or reservoir, ultrasonography and US-guided biopsy of urinary tract organs.
Work Schedule:Monday-Friday (7:30am - 4:00pm)
Financial Disclosure Report:Not required
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
EDRP Position Information:This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan reimbursement program. To participate in the program, you must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA Policy 1021 and submit your application within four months of appointment. The final award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) is determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services office.
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Urologist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly