Physician (Whole Health Clinical Director)
The incumbent is assigned to Ambulatory Care Service and will divide time between the Whole Health Program and Ambulatory Care Service. Responsibilities within the Whole Health program include management and planning how services are delivered and contribute to the process of strategic planning, influencing and responding to organizational priorities. This will involve responsibility for partnering with the facility Whole Health Program Manager and the facility Whole Health Steering Committee in creating an annual Whole Health System (WHS) strategic plan with development of priorities
Administrative Duties (Whole Health Program):
- Plans and directs the educational and clinical experience of any potential medical student, resident, and fellows assigned to the WHS.
- Develops and executes a Whole Health Business Plan for the SNHCS. The plan should identify the SNHCS mission, goals, objectives and strategies or accomplishments together with related resource implications. The business plan should also take cognizance of and be consistent with SNHCS overall strategic business direction.
- Assumes a leadership role in the development and implementation of the WHS's performance improvement plan.
- Develops and implements measures to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the designated areas of responsibility.
- Creates strategic partnerships with VHA facility program directors and service line chiefs.
- Advocate for the WHS with VHA leadership, the medical community and academic affiliates.
- Creates strategic partnerships with community organizations to promote health and well-being offerings within the community as needed.
- Assists with the development of a WHS marketing plan.
- Provides strategic clinical input and ensures effective advice to the Chief of Staff and SNHCS Executive Team.
- Assists clinicians with educational and clinical experience of any potential medical students, residents, and fellows assigned to the WHS.
- Is readily available to the team members for collaboration when medical or other problems arise.
- Participates in the WHS team meetings.
- Keeps the WHS team apprised of medical care advances and practice standards.
- Collaborates with other WHS Directors, VISN 21 leadership, and VA Central Office (OPCC & CT) staff on program development issues.
- Support clinical training and continuing professional development throughout the WHS team in line with personal/professional development plans and organizational/clinical need.
- Maintains inventory of CIH approaches offered at VHA facility, including gap analysis as it relates to CIH approaches that must be offered by VA/community per Directive 1137.
- Provides strategic clinical input and ensures effective advice to the Service Line ACOS, Service Line Chief, and Executive Team.
- Ensures promotion and development of measures to enable the WH Program Manager to monitor the WHS staff individual performance to assess clinical outcomes and addressing performance issues.
Assess the patient to determine the nature of the disease process:
Additional Duties:Support of the Medical Center Employee Health Services.
Not requiredSupervisory status
- Job family (Series)
0602 Medical Officer
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Physical Requirements:Applicants must meet physical standards for the position. A physical examination prior to placement is required. This is a designated drug testing position. After appointment, you will be subject to random testing for illegal drug use. Requires lifting 15-44 pounds; pushing (approx. 2 hours); reaching above shoulder; use of fingers and both hands; walking and standing from 3-5 hours and kneeling. Ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination simultaneously. Must have depth perception and ability to distinguish basic colors and shades of colors. Hearing aid is permitted.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician (Whole Health Clinical Director)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly