Physician - Chief - Diagnostic Imaging
The incumbent will lead a growing radiology program in an entirely new hospital which will serve about 70,000 veterans. The incumbent is fully accountable for the effective and efficient management and supervision (planning, directing, organizing, and coordinating) of SLVHCS radiology programs and services, including nuclear medicine and radiology. Responsibilities include exercising administrative, programmatic, clinical, and academic oversight of radiology programs to ensure delivery of quality, patient-focused clinical services; coordinating and integrating both clinical and administrative aspects of the radiology programs to meet the needs of the veteran population; continuously reviewing and evaluating the professional performance, competence and professionalism of all individuals with clinical privileges; ensuring that there is compliance with all accrediting organizations' standards that are applicable to radiology programs. The incumbent assures that performance measures are met, provides efficient management of resources within budgetary constraints, facilitates a collaborative and collegial team environment, develops orientation and training of radiology staff and identifies needs and concerns concerning the service.
Work Schedule:Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Financial Disclosure Report:Not required.Travel Required
Not requiredSupervisory status
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship; non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Designated and/or random drug testing required
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959
- You may be required to serve a probationary period
- Subject to a background/security investigation
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process
- Must pass pre-employment physical examination
Applicants pending the completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Reference:VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements:The Physical Requirements of this position are concerned with the mental and physical ability of the applicant to satisfactorily perform the duties of the proposed assignment and may include requisite laboratory and other screening as required by Federal regulatory agencies. Physician applicants must have the mental and physical ability to perform core privileges required by the specialty position in addition to any specialty privileges requested.Education
Note:Only education or degrees recognized by the U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges, universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for Federal employment. You can verify your education here:http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Apply for Physician - Chief - Diagnostic Imaging
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly