Physician - Academics-Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
Board Certified Cardiothoracic Surgeon
Banner University Medical Group is seeking a board certified cardiac surgeon to join its academic medicine team at Banner University Medical Center in Tucson, AZ.
The selected candidate will receive an academic appointment at the University of Arizona that is consistent with their credentials. We are seeking a broad-based general cardiac surgery with experience in coronary artery bypass, valve disease, advanced heart failure, and basic thoracic surgery; cardiac critical care and thoracic transplantation experience would be an asset.
- Board Certified in Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Assistant, Associate or Full Professor
- Completion of cardiothoracic fellowship; several years experience after fellowship preferred but not required
- Critical care experience preferred
- AZ license or ability to obtain by employment date
- Practice consists of 4 other Physicians and 9 APPs
- 1 half day clinic per week, seeing 12-15 patients
- Average of 15 procedures per month
- Shared week-long call 1:4
- Collaboration with heart failure team and thoracic oncology team at the University of AZ Cancer Center
Tucson is a bustling, vibrant community nestled in the blooming Sonoran Desert. Vibrant culture, entertainment, and a thriving food scene minutes away with a booming housing market and attractive cost of living to live, work, and play!
- 350 Days of Year-Round Sunshine!
- The Outdoors Await! Golf, hiking, cycling, horseback riding, swimming, tanning and nearby winter skiing.
- A Unique Historical Heritage: Immerse in our city's history via art galleries, museums, architectural presidios and missions!
- Tantalizing Culinary Adventures: Explore vibrant palettes in one of the top gastronomy cities and fresh fusions on traditional food.
Banner University Medical Group offers a generous salary and recruitment incentives, along with an industry leading benefits package that provides security for you and your family.
- Sign-on/relocation bonus
- Eligible for benefit coverage within 30 days
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and pharmacy plans
- Loan repayment assistance
- 28 ATO days
- 5 CME days, with $5,000 in reimbursement each year
- Paid malpractice, licensure & DEA registration fees
- 401k retirement plan with 4% match after one year of service
- Financial savings resources
- Career advancement and optimal work/life balance
- Employee Discounts
- Tuition benefits for you and your immediate family (qualifications/restrictions apply)
SUBMIT YOUR CV TODAY FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - Tucson
1625 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician - Academics-Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
Apply for Physician - Academics-Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly