Gastroenterologist Opportunity on Scenic Long Island, NY (w/Academics)
The Northport, NY Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting an academic Gastroenterologist to care for our Veterans!
Candidates must be BC in Internal Medicine, BC/BE in Gastroenterology and have experience in the full range of gastroenterology clinical services (inpatient, outpatient and emergency consultation services) and procedures (EGD (gastroscopy), peg placement, colonoscopy, enteroscopy, paracentesis).
ERCP, EUS, device assisted enteroscopy and / or manometry skills are not essential.
Teaching is an integral part of this position. The role involves providing consultative and endoscopic supervision of Stony Brook University Gastroenterology fellows, associated with an attending faculty appointment at Stony Brook University. Participation in routine educational / didactic conferences at Stony Brook University Hospital within the broader faculty and fellowship is expected.
Northport is located on the beautiful north coast of Long Island with close proximity to beaches, great schools and easy access to New York city.
- Very manageable patient workload and call schedule.
- Assistance with payment of med school loans available (up to $200K).
- Competitive Pay
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15K per year
- Guaranteed salary increases
- One full & unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at this facility
- CME: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement; 5 Days paid absence to attend CME
- Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Employment Contract
- 26 days paid vacation; 13 days paid sick time per year w/ unlimited carry over; 10 paid holidays
- Federal Retirement Plan / Pension
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility
Apply for Gastroenterologist Opportunity on Scenic Long Island, NY (w/Academics)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly