Physician - Academics-Hepatology
The Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the University of Arizona and Banner University Medical Group is recruiting BC/BE Advanced/Transplant Hepatologist to support the transplant hepatology program. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an innovative academic environment, collaborating with our Liver Transplant Medical Director and our outstanding Hepatology team.
- AZ medical license (or eligible to obtain)
- BC/BE GI & Hepatology, plus BC/BE in Transplant Hepatology
- Must have interest in pursuing eligibility/certification by UNOS
- Candidates with experience in liver transplants preferred
Essential functions include:
- Care for general liver & liver transplant patients in both Inpatient & Outpatient settings.
- 8-12 IP per day
- 18-24 OP per day
- Routine procedures such as colonoscopy/EGD, in addition to shared coverage of hepatology and transplant liver service
- Co-management of ICU transplant patients
- Immediate post-transplant care
- Long term care of transplant patients
- Candidate must be flexible, as our program is the region’s designated transplant facility. Daily/weekend call is expected.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join the Clinical Faculty team with Banner University Medical Center in Tucson. Candidates should have a strong commitment to patient care, strong teaching and clinical skills and desire translational research. Qualified candidates will receive a faculty appointment to the University of Arizona consistent with their credentials.
Banner Health and University of Arizona Health Network have come together to form Banner – University Medicine, a health system anchored in Tucson and Phoenix that makes the highest level of care accessible to Arizona residents. At the heart of this merger is academic medicine – research, teaching and patient care – across three academic medical centers.
Banner University Medical Center – Tucson:
- Nationally recognized for providing exceptional patient care, teaching future health-care professionals and conducting groundbreaking research
- The hospital’s physicians are full-time faculty of the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson
- Our specialty services include comprehensive heart and cancer care, advanced neuroscience techniques and a multi-organ transplant program
- Diamond Children’s Medical Center is located on the campus providing specialized pediatric services including neonatal and intensive care, emergency medicine and cancer therapies
- We are Southern Arizona’s only Level 1 Trauma Center, caring for the most critically injured patients
We offer a generous salary and benefits. Please submit your Cover Letter and CV for immediate consideration
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, Banner University Medical Group (BUMG) recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences and backgrounds. BUMG is an EEO/AA - M/W/D/V Employer.
Facility & Location InformationBanner University Medical Center - Tucson
1625 N. Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719 Physician - Academics-Hepatology
Apply for Physician - Academics-Hepatology
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly