Chief of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Baylor University Medical Center (BUMC) in Dallas, Texas, as part of Baylor Scott and White Health (BSWH), the largest healthcare provider in the State of Texas, is seeking a transformational, visionary, and collaborative pulmonary leader with a strong clinical and academic foundation as the Chief of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
BUMC is consistently ranked one of the best hospitals in the US by US News and World Reports. BUMC is a 1,000 bed Level 1 trauma facility with cutting edge cardiovascular surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, transplant surgery (including bone marrow, kidney, liver, heart, lung, and more), and excellent medical subspecialty support. BUMC also is affiliated with Texas A&M's Medical School and as such teaching opportunities are readily available. BUMC is also home to the T. Boone Pickens Cancer Center, the #1 inpatient cancer center in North Texas.
Summary of the Position
As the leader of pulmonary and critical care medicine at Baylor University Medical Center (BUMC), the Chief will set a vision through the advancement of clinical programs, research and education. He/she will guide the transformation of care delivery in pulmonary and critical care medicine on behalf of the patients we serve, simultaneously promoting exemplary outcome performance in nationally recognized domains and under the perpetual goal of Zero Harm.
The Chief will provide direction and leadership in the Pulmonary Center of Excellence mission and strategic objectives to support the pulmonary and critical care service line growth at BUMC and identify opportunities for expansion of the system's comprehensive pulmonary service line.
The successful candidate should be a modern leader with a demonstrated ability to create a vision and effectively inspire, manage, mentor and develop a preeminent pulmonary and critical medicine service line. The Chief will be an individual who has a passion to improve processes and systems that lead to cutting-edge clinical research and the delivery of high quality care.
The Chief will report to the President of BUMC, the Chief Medical Officer at BUMC, the Vice President Chief Operating Officer of Oncology and Transplantation and will maintain a close relationship to the Chief of Internal Medicine and other key stakeholders.
- Board certified and practicing in a pulmonary critical care medicine field complementary to current offerings and needs at BUMC
- Leadership experience as a Chair, Chief, Service Line Director or similar position in pulmonary and critical care medicine
- A minimum of five years clinical operations, research and management experience at a major pulmonary center or a large health system
- Scholarly activity in an academic environment with a national reputation of excellence in research, education and clinical care, gained within an advanced and highly complex market
- A creative individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to innovate and to inspire/align staff to embrace change
- Demonstrated interest and understanding of importance of the role of philanthropy in sustaining and funding the research and educational programs in critical care
- A charismatic leader, who demonstrates effective communication, interpersonal and persuasive skills, to be applied toward building relationships with an emphasis on listening
Please note: a comprehensive list of duties and position summary will be provided upon further screening and conversation with each candidate
Procedure for Candidacy
Nominations and applications, including a CV and letter of interest, can be sent in confidence to Megan Davis at Megan.Davis@BSWHealth.org or phone 214.865.2689.
Baylor Scott & White Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply for Chief of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly