Campus Physician Executive - Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital - Sumter, SC
Prisma Health, the largest healthcare provider in South Carolina, seeks a dynamic, driven, forward- thinking leader to serve as the lead physician executive at Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital. The Campus Physician Executive, which is comparable to a Vice President Medical Affairs, is a member of Prisma Health-Midland’s senior leadership and ensures the delivery of patient centered, coordinated and collaborative healthcare that enhances quality outcomes, efficiency, and the patient experience. The Campus Physician Executive will be responsible at the assigned campus for clinical outcomes, value-based program performance, clinical process improvement, patient and environmental safety, regulatory standards, clinical utilization, operational performance, standardization and integration of the care model across the continuum.
- Ensures the quality, reliability and appropriateness of clinical care across the continuum at the assigned campus, regularly reviewing dashboards and reports to measure and improve clinical outcomes
- Works collaboratively with campus and corporate leadership, medical staff, and case management to facilitate efficient throughput across Prisma Health
- Engages in process improvement projects at the assigned campus in conjunction with the quality team to drive principles of a high reliability organization
- Promotes continual regulatory readiness at the assigned campus
- Works with campus CEO and CNO and Midlands’ CCO and CMO to standardize local clinical processes and protocols, implement the Prisma Health acute care strategy on the campus, and address quality and behavioral issues with providers
- Serves in a supervisory capacity of the unit medical directors for campus based units
- Serves in a joint supervisory capacity for affiliated ambulatory practice sites for those campuses with rural health designation
- MD or DO with Board Certification
- 5+ years of leadership experience in healthcare
With nearly 30,000 team members, 18 hospitals, 2,984 beds and more than 300 physician practice sites, Prisma Health serves more than 1.2 million unique patients annually. Our goal is to improve the health of all South Carolinians by enhancing clinical quality, the patient experience and access to affordable care, as well as conducting clinical research and training the next generation of medical professionals. For more information, visit PrismaHealth.org.
Sumter is a medium-sized community in the heart of South Carolina that offers all the services and amenities of a metropolitan community while embracing you with its small-town charm. It is a family-friendly community with 108,000 residents and a catchment area of approximately 160,000. It is a perfect location with just short drives to both the Appalachian Mountains and Atlantic Ocean. An abundance of leisure activities are available, including a vibrant arts community and excellent educational opportunities.
The only hospital in Sumter, Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital is a 283-bed Joint Commission-accredited medical center that is one of six hospitals in the former Palmetto Health System. With over 150 physicians on the medical staff representing 25 specialties, Tuomey offers state-of-the-art medicine in a collegial setting you will come to love.
Apply for Campus Physician Executive - Prisma Health Tuomey Hospital - Sumter, SC
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly