Physician Advisor Position at Physician-Led Health System
Carle is seeking a Physician Advisor to join our leadership team in Normal, Illinois to oversee the efficiency of care at Carle BroMenn Medical Center and Carle Eureka Hospital.
Position Details Include:
- The Physician advisor, the PHO Medical Director and Director of Care Management are the lead clinicians in partnership for managing the efficiency of care at both Carle BroMenn Medical Center and Carle Eureka Hospital.
- The Physician Advisor functions with or by the authorization of the Chief Medical Officer.
- Conducts clinical review on cases referred by Care Management staff /Social Work/Utilization management and/or other health care professionals in accordance with the hospital s objectives for assuring quality patient care and effective, efficient utilization of heath care services, appropriate level of care, monitoring the appropriate use of diagnostic and therapeutic modalities, and to meet regulatory requirements.
- Interacts with Medical Staff members, APP Medical Directors and Medical Directors of payers to discuss the needs of patients and alternative levels of care.
- Acts as consultant and resource to attending physicians regarding their decisions relative to appropriateness of hospitalization, continued stay and use of resources.
- Acts as consultant and resource to the Medical Staff regarding federal and state utilization and quality regulations.
Apply for Physician Advisor Position at Physician-Led Health System
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly