Pulm/CC Opportunity with Veterans Affairs in Syracuse, NY (w/Academics)
The Syracuse, NY Veterans Affairs Medical Center is recruiting an Academic Pulmonary/Critical Care/Sleep Medicine Physician. Candidates must be BC in Internal Medicine, BC/BE in Pulmonary/Critical Care and Sleep Medicine is also strongly desired, but not an absolute requirement. Candidates will have experience in the full range of Pulmonary/Critical Care and preferentially Sleep Medicine clinical services and procedures to treat conditions affecting the pulmonary and critical care systems. Proficiency in a wide range of procedures that include Pulmonary/critical care, bronchoscopy, EUS/ultrasound and airway management procedures required.
The Syracuse VA is affiliated with the medical school at the State University of New York (SUNY) Upstate Medical University (UMU). Teaching of medical students, residents and fellows is an integral part of the position. The Syracuse VAMC offers state-of-the-art equipment and procedural suites. The position provides an outstanding opportunity for individuals committed to an academic career in clinical care, teaching and research and requires excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to team building. Applicants must qualify for an academic appointment at the SUNY UMU.
Visa holders welcome to apply.
- Competitive Pay
- Annual performance bonus up to an additional $15K per year
- Guaranteed salary increases
- Licensure: 1 full & unrestricted license from any US State is permissible to work at this facility
- CME: $1,000 per year stipend for reimbursement; 5 days paid absence to attend CME
- Malpractice: Liability protection with tail coverage provided
- No Employment Contract
- 26 days paid vacation; 13 days paid sick time per year w/ unlimited carry over; 10 paid holidays
- Federal Retirement Plan
- Separate 401K with partial agency match
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Nationwide Mobility
Apply for Pulm/CC Opportunity with Veterans Affairs in Syracuse, NY (w/Academics)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly