Chief of the Department of Dentistry and Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
New York Dental Affiliates and Physician Affiliate Group of New York (NYDA/PAGNY) are multi-specialty faculty practices that employ Dentists and Physicians as well as other advanced healthcare providers across six major teaching hospitals located throughout NYC, Brooklyn, and Bronx NY. Our hospitals are affiliated with world class medical schools here in the NYC area!
PAGNY is comprised of over 4,000 physicians and healthcare professionals who provide services to NYC Health + Hospitals (H+H), the largest public health system in the United States. Our practitioners are highly skilled professionals with outstanding credentials who deliver the highest level of quality healthcare to patients throughout New York City.
NYC Health + Hospitals/Lincoln, located minutes from Manhattan in the Bronx, is a 362 bed, acute care level 1 trauma center, with one of the busiest single site emergency department in the region, and robust inpatient and outpatient services, academically affiliated with Weill Cornell Medical College and dedicated to providing high quality patient care to a diverse community.
We are currently accepting applications and referrals for the position of Chief of Dentistry and Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at NYC Health and Hospitals/Lincoln in New York City. This is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a distinguished Oral Surgeon to join a leading healthcare system and a growing dental and OMS practice. You will provide strategic direction and coordination for all clinical and administrative components of the Department of Dentistry/Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. The department averages around 25,000 visits and 200 oral surgeries. You will lead the departments accredited training programs in Dentistry with 11 residents and OMS with 6 residents. The position is a full-time Department Chair role that will enable a physician to oversee a successful department while continuing to provide patient care. You will develop programs and plans to improve the current capabilities of the department and work to identify community needs and work toward addressing these needs through novel and innovative programs. In this role you will work collaboratively with other clinical departments and administrative leadership to meet and exceed departmental and hospital goals.
- Must have a proven track record as an effective manager of faculty and voluntary physician staff, medical support staff, and personnel in a highly competitive market.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the capability to oversee the financial and business affairs of a department.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Board Certification in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (ABOMS)
- Possess or eligible for a New York State Dental License
- DEA registration
- Advance post-doctorate dental training preferred.
To be successful at H+H Lincoln, a candidate must be secure in his or her abilities to contribute to the organizations success and have the vision and wisdom to continuously provide value added clinical leadership.
He/she must also demonstrate the highest ethical behaviors and exemplary business standards, and require these of others.
The ideal candidate will be fully prepared by experience and training to collaboratively establish ambitious goals for the department and support staff in a comprehensive effort to achieve those goals. We are looking for an accomplished physician educator who has demonstrated commitment to teaching students, residents and faculty. You will serve as a mentor to department staff and will work to expand and improve the hospital's current capabilities and be the champion for initiatives around the department’s services.
- Competitive compensation package
- 10% 401K company contribution after one year of service
- Choice of a three-tiered nearly FREE medical plan
- Excellent dental insurance including orthodontics coverage
- Generous paid time off program
- CME days and dollars
- Eligibility for loan forgiveness through the National Student Debt Forgiveness Center
- Visa candidates are considered
- Medical Malpractice policy coverage
For more information regarding this opportunity, please email your CV to Jaquelyn Morales, Physician Recruiter for PAGNY, at MoralesJ@pagny.org
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Apply for Chief of the Department of Dentistry and Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly